Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

If we can't get Poch in then i would try and go for someone who has a clear style of play and a tactical brain. Perhaps Thomas Frank would be interested in the gig here, he strikes me as a great man manager and cerebral type who would be able to get the most out of each player in the squad. Won't happen obviously, but i would like to see us go for someone who can add value to our players in the long term whilst also having an instant impact. Maybe chat to him after the game at VP on Sunday or something lol

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I seen on Twitter that Mendes is trying to get Amorim to move on, so he can engineer a move for Ronaldo to Sporting.

4 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

if he is a client of mendes no dont want team like wolves full of his players

Appears to be with Nomi Sports.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jim said:

Ok as it looks like he's turned us down.

We met with Poch last week as I alluded to earlier in the week, he had his full entourage in tow so it looked promising. I only know this through someone who works at the golf club.

I also know someone in the marketing dept but get very little other than the social stuff I mentioned earlier in then week.

Much appreciated, I was only messing around but always interesting to hear how itk comes about.

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

When looking at younger managers, just remember Gerrard got the opportunity to manage at the top because of his name and his playing career. He didn’t have to prove anything tactically or managerialy because of his playing career. 

Coaches like Amorim and Gallardo didn’t have that world class name or career. They’ve had to prove themselves as good coaches and managers to even make it to our list. 

Both are completely incomparable to Gerrard. Anyone is a risk, but they aren’t as Risky as Stevie G. 

Gallardo had a good career tbf - it certainly must have helped him. 

He knows Kamara and Sanson well 🤔

And is " keen ". Name matches as well OBS.

"Former Chelsea and Spurs boss 'very interested' in Villa job

Former Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas is reportedly 'very interested' in replacing Steven Gerrard as Aston Villa head coach.

The 45-year-old has gone on to manage Zenit Saint Petersburg, Shanghai SIPG and Marseille since that two-and-a-half-year stint with the two capital clubs. Villas-Boas is currently out of work after being suspended by Marseille following comments in February last year about the club's "sporting policy" which included him offering his resignation.

It came just one day after the January transfer window closed during which Morgan Sanson was sold to Villa and replaced by the loan signing from Celtic of now- Swansea City midfielder Olivier Ntcham, which Villas-Boas took exception to. The Portuguese coach is now apparently keen on a return to the game.

Read more, here "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Well id say it has to be Emery  or Tuchel as they are experienced and progressive imo.. my heart would want Frank or Amorim but that is a risk im not willing for us to take right now not saying it cant work but i just dont want us to get into any more mess at least not for now

Lets give the new manager £150 mill over jan and summer window and bring in 4 or 5 players mould them in with the current crop and blend in a new style, philosophy and flair something we have lacked for years and seen a glimmer of at the back end of 2020.

We need quality now and not so much quantity

Edited by RicRic

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I seen on Twitter that Mendes is trying to get Amorim to move on, so he can engineer a move for Ronaldo to Sporting.

Seems like Win Win for Both clubs:

Villa get Amorim
Lisbon get Ronaldo 

15 minutes ago, Folski said:

I think we can all agree when appointed everyone wanted Gerrard to be a success.

"Gutted.

Sooner he's gone the better".....posted Nov 11 2021....by one poster and supported by 5 likes.

before a ball was kicked.

Now , he's gone, so it doesn't matter.....but your quote is not right, he had many begrudging souls,on here, disappointed with the appointment.

Many, many posts, were reluctant in support.....maybe you could say, they was right......but lets get it right.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

When looking at younger managers, just remember Gerrard got the opportunity to manage at the top because of his name and his playing career. He didn’t have to prove anything tactically or managerialy because of his playing career. 

Coaches like Amorim and Gallardo didn’t have that world class name or career. They’ve had to prove themselves as good coaches and managers to even make it to our list. 

Both are completely incomparable to Gerrard. Anyone is a risk, but they aren’t as Risky as Stevie G. 

Spot on 

Also people saying we need a manager with "PL experience" forget that Gerrard had 20+ years PL experience 

11 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

That is a very good point. As someone mentioned it above, lump AVB in with that.