Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Does he tick the play good football box?

Does he play bad football? How even do you quantify 'good football'? 

Guy has managed 925 games, winning 53% of them. Won plenty of trophies. Knows the English game. 

Is there a better realistic candidate? I don't think so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Amorim is another risky appointment. I don't think we should be going for another young inexperienced manager, especially one that would be coming to a new country and may have difficulties communicating in English. 

His English is excellent apparently. And we have Portuguese speakers in the team anyway.

Edited by duke313

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Amorim is another risky appointment. I don't think we should be going for another young inexperienced manager, especially one that would be coming to a new country and may have difficulties communicating in English. 

He's basically Gerrard.  Steered a former giant of a crap league to their first title in a while.  

Just now, Wainy316 said:

He's basically Gerrard.  Steered a former giant of a crap league to their first title in a while.  

I mean the Portuguese league is certainly not the standard of the PL but let's not try and compare it to the bloody SPL.  It's levels above Scotland.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Edited by messi11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I mean the Portuguese league is certainly not the standard of the PL but let's not try and compare it to the bloody SPL.  It's levels above Scotland.

He also sold about €110m worth of talent last summer which shows an ability to develop and nurture talent. It's no wonder Stevie bought 38 odd players at Rangers and didn't bring one with him.

Edited by Folski
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Does he play bad football? How even do you quantify 'good football'? 

Guy has managed 925 games, winning 53% of them. Won plenty of trophies. Knows the English game. 

Is there a better realistic candidate? I don't think so.

He would be a fantastic appointment.