Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

"Statement" signings just feels very 10 years ago or something. Or 12 months ago in our case. I'd rather there just being proper due diligence on getting the best coach in rather than flexing muscles to convince people we're "serious". We're regularly getting embarrassed by teams that have just made smart appointments on a footballing level, I'd like us to follow suit if possible.

Agreed. Loads of folks were rubbishing the Howe appointment on here. That was a great move. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't want to go in to a monolgue....That was great , as was the Cup Final.....but how did it end?

He is no longer, with us, for a reason, and he failed to win games above 40%, so his time like many other managers was inconsistent.......we all have a view, I am just offering an alternative one.

Some would say, with the personnel of Tammy, Terry, and Jack, a monkey, would have done that, They were better players than we have now, and still, just got over the line, with a freak show, from a substitute Goalkeeper.

Look, I am not rubbishing Dean, He was a good guy, and did us proud, but like SG I think he was let down.....did Dean do better, than SG of course he did.....but still let down, IMO.

If some of these players, continue, to dish up turgid, displays for the new guy, I would have them gone, in a jiffy.

Monkey > Bruce

Officially, finally, confirmed by Tro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, calcifer said:

No i would not want to leave Brentford, got it pretty good, he would come here and know within 10 mins into his 1st game that members on Villa Talk would be calling for him to go 🤣

Don't be so bloody ridiculous.

We would never give a new manager that long! 3 minutes, tops. And that's only if there is a late kick-off

• Haha 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Who’s this Amorim chap then? Is he any good, or is he another young unproven manager? That is a bit worrying if so

Feels like the current “it” manager that will be out of fashion in six months time

We aren't going to sack Gerrard because of how poor we were doing, barely above the relegation zone, to only then go and appoint Dyche another manager who was sacked just earlier this year because of how poor Burnley were doing and looking in danger of going down. It doesn't make sense, and isn't going to happen.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

It’s such a hard decision to make, we need someone who will settle the club, come with solid PL experience, get the players respect, get the fans back on side but then be able to take us from lower table to top end in the next couple of seasons. AND someone who wants to come here.

Dyche could do a job, but feel like Coutinho, Emi etc would be off fairly quick and wouldn’t be able to take us to that top level. Amorim? Feel like it’d be too risky, likely a good manager with good ideas but could he get the players onboard?

I could see the thinking in Gerrard but it was a big gamble, now we need as close to a ‘sure thing’ as we can get. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Someone mentioned it above but Amorim gives me the Garde vibes also. 

That was me. I don't know why. Just based on a profile of success in a foreign league over a relatively short period, and limited experience with multiple clubs. He might be great, I don't know, but I'm getting the heebie geebies a bit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why?

A rich, ambitious ownership group prepared to spend money on players, infrastructure and wages - a good support base in the biggest league in the world with a really low starting position and the bones of a decent squad that means it's almost difficult not to show some sort of progress. A job where in four years you can be seen as a manager that developed a club, with a new stand and growth that all gets associated with you and your professional brand - with finishing 7th at any point in a season where you're in place being considered as a success - any manager putting Villa back into any European football will be both feted and loved and there is finance and structure in place to achieve that. Not only that but you have a board that have shown they'll back you in public and a club that's stable and professional in the way it deals with managers.

This is a fantastic job.

I think the reason the club need a statement appointment is as much commercial as sporting. The appointment of Gerrard was a risk with a pretty clear reward - if he'd have won more games we'd be seen as an ambitious club with a high profile superstar manager heading in the right direction and with the possibility of European football - with a successful Gerrard, our shirt sponsorship would be worth £30m a season. Appointing for example, Dyche (as good a coach as he is) would send the message that Villa are team that are happy to stick around, that will float just above the relegation battle and make up the numbers - no brand wants to be associated with that, and it's definitely not what the owners came for - I think they'll be looking for a signing that re-iterates the message that we're a proposition worth backing - that there's value in Villa and that we're ambitious and progressive.

Wow . Sold it to me  when do I start.  Agree completely.