Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I get the opposite impression - I get the feeling they're looking for a "statement" appointment - something that tells others something about how they should be thinking about us.

That’s my thinking. A lot of the media class write us off forgetting just how rich and ambitious we are. 

• Like 1

I get the opposite impression - I get the feeling they're looking for a "statement" appointment - something that tells others something about how they should be thinking about us.

Indeed but I don't see this statement appointment coming to fruition. We are not an attractive proposition. I praise the intent, and yes we should have been doing this a month or two ago - but now scratching around for this unrealistic somewhat manager is not it.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I agree. I don't see it being a tread water/steady the ship appointment and I don't think that is what is needed. This isn't October 2016 when we brought Bruce in to halt a club still going backwards. It is just over a year since we had a 55 point season and finished a handful of points off top 8 with the intention to kick on. The owners will want to quickly get back to that position and that doesn't fit in with bringing in a stop gap steady hand.

I think like you it will be a statement appointment. A big name with a proven record. I'd be hugely disappointed if that isn't the intention

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Would be the greatest coup outside of getting Poch imo. 

I love him as a manager even if just for a couple of years. 

Strange one as much as he falls out with a few people, his players do generally seem to love him, even if he's a bit of a nutcase 😂

Just now, PieFacE said:

It's crazy that the board left it so late considering how ruthless they were about it last night. Not sure what they were expecting but this should have all happened a long time ago. 

This is what baffles me. They've sat on their hands for weeks when it's clear things have gone to shit and he's not turning it around. Then they can't even wait a couple of hours to spare them the awkward bus ride home. Weird. 

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I love this phase where people say who they want. I wish it could just stay like this forever, and we never would ever have to be disappointed again with any actual reality. Maybe this is why I became such a drug addict when I was younger -- I just want to stay in the anticipation bit, and not deal with anything real. But OMG, almost everyone sounds good to me until I starting thinking about it, and then they all seem shit in some funny way.

giphy.gif 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What the **** have we been doing for the last month.

Did they really think Gerrard was going to turn it around.

Is that how you run million dollar companies? On blind faith.

Sack Purslow. Sack him now.

I'm pretty sure they said the same thing about interviews and lists of candidates etc when Smith was sacked then Gerrard was here a few days later

• Like 1

Maybe the ideal time to make that statement was when SG was appointed. Now we’re in a less fortunate place with an increased wage bill and it’s possible we can’t spend as much going forward.