Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

People really shouldn't let 2 bad months overshadow the years of good work Brendan has done at Leicester. Even won them an fa cup. 

This is such reactionary stuff. 

He is a top manager imo. 

Meh, I hate watching them though. Massive s***house team. 

Near the top of penalties received every year except last year. No surprise, they dive around like a drunken Mitrovic.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What the **** have we been doing for the last month.

Did they really think Gerrard was going to turn it around.

Is that how you run million dollar companies? On blind faith.

Sack Purslow. Sack him now.

Or all our top choices have turned us down and/or have been unavailable?

This could also be the reason he's survived so long in the first place.

Similar to player transfers, you don't just walk into the shop and pick one.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It will be.

Hopepfully on an 18month deal then, rest of this season and a full season next year. Extension if they do well, less compensation if not.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

This is great. We’ve thrown money around under Gerrard — so when it’s time to find someone to clear up his mess, we have to look in League Two for financial reasons.

Job 1. Buy wingers. Any wingers. Have you ever known a club not have any wingers? 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I think Thomas Frank has done a great job at Brentford but I’d worry about him at Villa. I think we need a big name, someone at the Poch, Tuchel, Emrey level to come in and take us forward. I don’t think we can afford another gamble manager. 

I think Thomas Frank, fits the DNA of Brentford.....I am not sure, anywhere else he would shine, quite so bright.....but I am an admirer of what he's done.

I think they have a structure, thats unique to them...so not sure, if nicking their managers, really works......I am more convinced, by managers, who have a measure of success, where ever they go, i.e win percentages.

We all want trophies, but winning games is a good barometer to judge a good manager...Taking other criteria in to account, like where ( Leagues) those wins have been made.

However, I do think he morphed Brentford in to a more robust, durable outfit, from what they was.....whether he could do that elswhere, I am unsure.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Thomas Frank, fits the DNA of Brentford.....I am not sure, anywhere else he would shine, quite so bright.....but I am an admirer of what he's done.

I think they have a structure, thats unique to them...so not sure, if nicking their managers, really works......I am more convinced, by managers, who have a measure of success, where ever they go, i.e win percentages.

We all want trophies, but winning games is a good barometer to judge a good manager...Taking other criteria in to account, like where ( Leagues) those wins have been made.

However, I do think he morphed Brentford in to a more robust, durable outfit, from what they was.....whether he could do that elswhere, I am unsure.

I agree. 

Frank is relatively inexperienced at the top level. 

Villa job would swallow him up. 

He is far from ready for a job like this yet and I hope he's got the self awareness to understand and realize that. 

Edited by Pinebro