Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

My Top Choices:

1) Ruben Amorim
2) Marcelo Gallardo
3) Mauricio Pochettino
4) Kjetil Knutsen
5) Unai Emery

Ruben Amorim is very gettable because Sporting Lisbon want to sign Ronaldo, Super Agent Mendes wants this too but Amorim doesn't want Ronaldo, so Sporting want him gone.

Nice chirping after a paper links us 

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I don't think they have anyone lined up. Purslow was all-in on Gerrard till the very end.

Nope.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I don't think they have anyone lined up. Purslow was all-in on Gerrard till the very end.

Agreed, the speed of the firing last night means it was not pre planned. Just that they needed rid of him before Brentford 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

So because they have announced they Danks is on charge against Brentford, they obviously means there isn’t anyone close to coming in - maybe they want the weekend to consider it..

Do we think someone will be in before the WC, or after? 

Sounds like Sawiris is handling this appointment himself now.  Emery could well be the main target with some of the rumors last week of him meeting with Sawiris alone in Spain.  I would love him here...  Very very underrated manager and for some reason isn't seen as "elite" in England, even though he has this CV:

• Won 4 Europa League titles  (Sevilla 2014, 2015, & 2016, Villareal 2021) and lost another Europa League Final (Arsenal 2019)
  • Won the French League once and both French cups twice with PSG, where he was poached by Arsenal
  • 70 Million pound net spend at Arsenal and managed a 70 point total (which Arteta is yet to match with more money and only 1 game/week) with 2 points off 3rd
  • Took Arsenal to their first European final in 15 years
  • Is only 50 and in the prime of his coaching career
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

whilst the board do have to get this decision right, i also feel that it's near enough impossible to get this decision wrong. i firmly believe that the worst managers in my lifetime such as mcleish and garde would've done better than gerrard with this squad

i'd love an elite manager such as poch or emery, but i genuinely wouldn't mind someone like dyche at this point. he won't take us into europe, but he'd be a safe pair of hands

They really wouldn't have in my opinion. Nor would Graham Turner or Billy McNeill, before them. 

We never know what has really happened behind the scenes, but it does sound like Nassef made his mind up last night and did it quite promptly. Usually these things happen the next day.
Also absolutely stunning silence from the players following the dismissal.

I would imagine Nassef would have started enquiries before it happened like any good business person would.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Sounds like Sawiris is handling this appointment himself now.  Emery could well be the main target with some of the rumors last week of him meeting with Sawiris alone in Spain.  I would love him here...  Very very underrated manager and for some reason isn't seen as "elite" in England, even though he has this CV:

• Won 4 Europa League titles  (Sevilla 2014, 2015, & 2016, Villareal 2021) and lost another Europa League Final (Arsenal 2019)
  • Won the French League once and both French cups twice with PSG, where he was poached by Arsenal
  • 70 Million pound net spend at Arsenal and managed a 70 point total (which Arteta is yet to match with more money and only 1 game/week) with 2 points off 3rd

Sawiris and family are big Arsenal supportersz so with his sport links it wouldn't surprise me if he knew Emery in some capacity.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I want Poch, but if he isn't interested,  Emery would be a great alternative. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I will rejoice, when I see someone make a fist of a bunch, who have cost 2 managers their jobs, with inept displays.....I can think of many past players, who would have cringed at that display....it was the pits.

I could not preside over that rancid offering of a football team last night and I think the events that unfolded, was inevitable, and the timing expected......anything was too late, after that.

I am not one who thinks Gerrard being removed, will negate all our ills.....I think we have other issues, not just him....and I don't think we are out of the woods yet.

His time with us, did not display a picture of progress, there were some good bits ,but mainly bad bits, which is what the previous tenure threw up, too......inconsistency is our bed friend....The disparity/ contrast, from one game to another, is alarming.

I am not of the opinion, these players are blameles, there are a number, that I would not want to be in the trenches with and some glad to see replaced.

Do I think all will be well now?......I have reservations that it will be, but at least, one element has been removed, that we can claim....Thats not unconditionally defending SG, its merely having doubts that all will come good, as just that single change.

I can't be happy this morning.....because failing to find success with a young manager, and witnessing a bereft performance of any will ,fight, or desire, fills me with a foreboding reaction....so did I want him to stay, not after that, no...it was inevitable.

So where, does that leave us....are we really ambitious or do we just have delusions of Grandeur....time will tell.

I have no, idea who the next manager will be, but I have a suspicion, they need to be mentally strong, with experience and a reputation as a sound coach, even if they get other coaches to do the day to day.....They have to be tactically aware.

I do not see, a huge change, even with a new manager, unless, a sensible opportunity to bring players in, is planned.

I think its a sad day, because we have failed.......I now have to get behind the next guy, even if he does not fill me with confidence......He has to be given a chance.

Best of Luck, Mr New Guy.

I try to be excited, but I'm not. I still think these players are gag and no new manager will change that. I'm expecting a new manager bounce though.

• Like 1

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Can we stop mentioning Beale. The sacking was most likely NSWE and the appointment will likely be them as well. They will never appoint Beale. They would want to show as much ambition as they can.

Agreed - Ian can do one. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Honestly - how can they have witnessed what we have all witnessed for months - AND not have someone lined up? 

Good, available, obtainable managers are rare to come by?

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think a southa american coach like poch just make sense withbthe players we have. I reckon if poch comes in luiz buendia and martinez will step a gear

I think he can get bestvout of coutinho too

More than your spellchecker would?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beale recently turned down wolves citing his appreciation that QPR gave him his first managerial opportunity. 

If he now went on to leave it would be a u-turn that Truss/Delph would be proud of. 

Edited by av1