Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Same, they paid a lot of money for him, for an assistant coach.  Missing pre-season didn't help and the best coach in the world would struggle to get Gerrard's system working.

He had a system?

1 minute ago, bose said:

I think we can forget about Poch, seems like Emery is the most likely option now.

He's had good success with Sevilla especially, showed at times promise with Arsenal at a difficult time and of course won the Europa League with Villareal.

It would be very interesting to get him here, he's incredibly detailed as a manager - the complete antithesis to Gerrard for example.

The only thing preventing Poch IMO is the Juventus/Conte/Spurs situation.  If Conte stays at Spurs and Juve go for someone else, he has nowhere else to go.

1 minute ago, daft said:

Indeed, but if Frank wants or heaven forbids needs a similar set-up, it might take a while. Stil, I like Frank on paper and for what he's done at Brentford.

Brentford fans must be sick enough of us already ha ha, though they do manage to keep improving each time we take their staff and players off their hands.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bose said:

Couldn't care less who is caretaker manager for what is hopefully 1-2 matches.

They'll get a bounce and we'll get away from the dreaded Gerrard "tactics" at least.

Just a shame it’s the guy who came in during Dean Smith euphoria and coached us to what we see today 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

who the **** are Tom Culshaw, Jordan Milsom and Scott Mason anyway? am i the only one that's never heard of them?

Nope, me too. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

OMFG danks in charge ffs. God help us sunday

where does it say that?

I would be leaning more towards there will be someone incoming pretty quickly and perhaps even before Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Of interest

it's a nice situation to be in. i'd be quite happy with like 7 of the 11 guys on this list (i wouldn't want ralf, parker, terry or bielsa)

Edited by tomav84