Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Why is Beale so high on the list? 

In no way should we accept Beale, I'd hope that we all voice this to the club, he was part of these clowns last season that were just as pathetic as the new circus

Whoever comes in needs to have his own backroom team, not one with an Assistant Manager that is going to **** off after 6 months, and certainly not one that needs to work with the clown college of Danks and MacPhee. I'd also bin off Critchley as he doesn't really have a place in a new manager's team, plus he'll easily get another job as manager as he was successful at Blackpool.

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I would bet my car on it that beale isnt even remotely considered.

Another gamble, a gerrard man so fans wont accept it and massively inexperienced at this level

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Whoever comes in needs to have his own backroom team, not one with an Assistant Manager that is going to **** off after 6 months, and certainly not one that needs to work with the clown college of Danks and MacPhee. I'd also bin off Critchley as he doesn't really have a place in a new manager's team, plus he'll easily get another job as manager as he was successful at Blackpool.

Harsh.  He hasn't been here long enough, missed pre-season, and was thrown into coaching Gerrard's shit system.  I'd give him the benefit of the doubt unless the new manager wants rid.

The throat cutting bastards that are the Saudis - the folks who money can buy anyone- wanted to kick start their revolution with Emery. They got Howe. Not saying it hasn't worked out but Emery would suit our squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

They need to go for Poch and be seen doing it as well or else It'll show a lack of ambition. If we end up with Thomas Frank having been turned down by Poch/Emery etc then the fans will be much more forgiving.

Last bloke we took from Brentford worked out. We don't need the next messiah, but what we really do need is a coach, and coaching staff, who has not been fast tracked by Purslow.  

18 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Odds aren't a function of probability so much as a function of profitability. If people put money on Liz Truss to be our next manager, odds will shorten.

I’m certainly on board with Emery. >50% winning percentage at his clubs over the last decade and multiple trophies won. The only manager to hit a 50% winning percentage in the last decade at Villa was Steve Bruce, which tells you all you need to know about the quality of our managers.

22 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Didn’t realise Wolves still hadn’t appointed a manager. Is this a case of nobody wants it or something else? 

They can't find an available Portuguese manager they haven't already used. 

• Haha 1

It would be nice if we hired someone who isn’t so reliant on the coaches around them. I don’t dispute the importance of having good assistants but it’s felt like our last three managers relied more on their assistants than they did their own skills and abilities.

• Like 2