Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Pinebro said:

What happens if critchley manage to get us a highly convincing win on Sunday? 

The he gets the job. We don’t need anymore proof than that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Frank would be underwhelming to say the least

I’m more concerned Frank wouldn’t be a good fit.

He’s a good coach, but Brentford have a very specific setup. There is no guarantee Frank would get the same performances out of his players in a different club. Huge risk.

Bo Svensson Mainz as outsider bet … was linked to Brighton before De Zebri was appointed - Worked wonders at Mainz…

AVB win record is very impressive but not sure how suited he is to the Prem.

Emery/Poch/Tuchel reputation's speak for themselves. 

Frank I cannot see jumping ship for us presently.

Mancini is an interesting prospect but again IMO a stretch too far. 

Just no to Rodger’s, his ego gets in his way and has held him back. Also currently a busted flush. 

Edited by thabucks

I think that one of the mistakes that the club made in appointing Gerrard was not listening to the fans. There were a vocal minority who were vehemently against him from the start and a larger group fairly agnostic about the appointment who were fairly quick to turn when things didn’t improve. That makes it very hard to gather any momentum.

Conversely, when they appointed Dean, the fan base were united for the first time in years. The advantage that this brings in terms of performance and results cannot be underestimated. The owners cannot choose a manager simply to appease the fans but they should take care to gauge public opinion before offering the job to anyone. We need unity from the start because we are in a relegation battle as it stands. Any new manager will need some patience.

Whatever happens they should use their time on this decision. 

And they should leave Purslow out of the meetings and discussions and leave him to administrative tasks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Bo Svensson Mainz as outsider bet … was linked to Brighton before De Zebri was appointed - Worked wonders at Mainz…

These are the sort of appointments we should be looking at! 

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Unai Emery 

Why would he be good? Serious question. I only really know of him from Arsenal and that seemed underwhelming.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What happens if critchley manage to get us a highly convincing win on Sunday? 

We celebrate 3 points.

Has it been confirmed he’ll be in the seat? I think all Gerrards men will be gone. That leaves Cutler.

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

What's Alan Curbishley and Alan Pardew up to nowadays?

#runs4cover

Probably tearing up the night clubs with these epic moves.......

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

We celebrate 3 points.

Has it been confirmed he’ll be in the seat? I think all Gerrards men will be gone. That leaves Cutler.

Is Critchely one of Gerrard’s men? We paid quite a hefty compensation fee. And he’s only been here a few months. I think he’ll be given the benefit of the doubt.