Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apart from it missing the word “broken”.

A working clock is always right 😉 

Fixed, thank you.

Apart from a working clock always being right. Presupposes that it's been set correctly to begin with, otherwise it's always wrong 😉

Edited by est1874
  • Haha 1

Now is not the time to be taking more risks on unproven managers or we could very easily find ourselves in another Remi Garde 15/16 type situation. We simply have to go all out for a top manager 

Dream choices: 

Poch 
Tuchel 
Emery 

I think they may be unrealistic and we will end up with someone underwhelming like Sean Dyche. While I'm sure he would steady the ship and keep us up, it's definitely not the type of football I want to be seeing down Villa Park. 

• Like 2

I love this phase where people say who they want. I wish it could just stay like this forever, and we never would ever have to be disappointed. But OMG, almost everyone sounds good to me until I starting thinking about it, and then they all seem shit in some funny way.

giphy.gif 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

So, from now on, is it ok to hold our players accountable for their poor play, or how long can they keep playing like shit and blame Gerrard?

Yes. They clearly helped it. They don't like him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

So, from now on, is it ok to hold our players accountable for their poor play, or how long can they keep playing like shit and blame Gerrard?

I think most level headed people realise that the players have alot  to answer for as well.

However, as a collective, we certainly have enough to do MUCH better than we have been.

The most glaring obvious of those errors would be McGinn starting and featuring constantly regardless of being the obvious weak link in midfield consistently.

We don't have the best squad, or perhaps a squad as food as some might think, but we certainly have a squad infinitely capable of being better than the tripe we have been serving up.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We should absolutely hold them accountable, but just to clarify are you saying you DON’T think Gerrard had a negative effect, and it’s just been totally coincidental the entire squad all hit the worst form of their career at the same time?

Edit: you know what, never mind. This is a good day for this club. Let’s not bicker or disagree. Let’s hope we get a great new manager and all the players improve.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We should absolutely hold them accountable, but just to clarify are you saying you DON’T think Gerrard had a negative effect, and it’s just been totally coincidental the entire squad all hit the worst form of their career at the same time?

Edit: you know what, never mind. This is a good day for this club. Let’s not bicker or disagree. Let’s hope we get a great new manager and all the players improve.

True. Let's do that. Here's to better days ahead.

25 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Just can't see us having the clout to get Pochettino, Tuchel or Emery. They all have better options.

It will be Rodgers or Frank I think. Hope I'm proven wrong.

What other options are there for Pochettino if he want to return to the Premier League ?

I honestly think Villa is a great match up for him ... 

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

What other options are there for Pochettino if he want to return to the Premier League ?

I honestly think Villa is a great match up for him ... 

I didn't say his only option was the premier league. He would have options in Italy etc