Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

47 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Not sure what to make of this 'Lyric' guy, he has seemingly got a few things right early on (Kamara, Sarr deal collapsing), things you couldn't easily guess, but also makes some fairly obvious predictions as some kind of proof to his validity. Then there's the random deleting and re-appearance of the account.

Last week he was saying that Thomas Frank was 'desperate' to join us, and now he's supposedly signing a new contract. So, clearly he does just guess at some things or is not as close to them as he likes to appear.

Also, I don't buy the whole mainstream media are months behind him on Pochettino. Rumours that are months old are long dead, news and situations change too quickly, especially in this day and age, and so are unlikely to be picked up and ran with when there are plenty of more up to date rumours flying around.

If I had to guess I'd say he's had some info come his way at some point, likely from an agent, enjoyed the attention it brought and he's made the the most of it, and now wants some more, whether he's still getting information remains to be seen though.

He knows less than Jon Snow.

• Haha 1

I can't moan at Emery but I've watched his Villarreal side a few times in Europe and they are one of the most boring teams I'd seen. He plays a 4-4-2 and again we have a lot of players not suited for that, it's an outdated formation if you ask me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Completely out of the blue this 

Stevie to backroom staff... 

Pretty sure we wouldn't consider Beale to take over here. Surprised Wolves would. Given his lack og experience and concerns around his tactics failing here from March. 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

It was a tweet from that fpl Lyric guy who seems to know some stuff about a week ago. Found it

It feels like Lyric does actually know something.   Why would Emery only want to join in November?  I assume that means the world cup break, so then he gets 6 weeks with the team before his first game.

Otherwise why would Lyric make up such a specific rumour if he was bullshitting?

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It feels like Lyric does actually know something.   Why would Emery only want to join in November?  I assume that means the world cup break, so then he gets 6 weeks with the team before his first game.

Otherwise why would Lyric make up such a specific rumour if he was bullshitting?

Lyric said the owners aren't at the game on Sunday. They was
Lyric said we are not signing Bednarek. We did.

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I can't moan at Emery but I've watched his Villarreal side a few times in Europe and they are one of the most boring teams I'd seen. He plays a 4-4-2 and again we have a lot of players not suited for that, it's an outdated formation if you ask me.

Mainly plays a 442 with Villarreal, but with Arsenal, PSG and Sevilla he played mainly 433 or 4231.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Lage got sacked a few days after Wolves beat Southampton didn't he?

I really really hope it's just a question of timing now with next manager now.

I really hope so we dont need any further momentum building and id rather be in full support of the boys out there but its hard when this guy is still in charge , i say that in a sense of ill be watching it with a dull sense of character, but want the boys to win regardless!!

Edited by RicRic

24 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Trying to rationalise ITK bullshitters on social media will have you descending into madness

35 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Did he play 4-4-2 at Arsenal?

He can play whatever system wins us some games tbh - Villarreal and Sevilla have done well under him because they're set up to be awkward to play against and enjoyed making the bigger clubs they played with work for whatever they got (a bit like Simeone I suppose). Struggled at Arsenal (and PSG) because the mentality is different. Our targets are similar to Villarreal and Sevilla (at the time) - get into Europe and have a good go at the domestic cup.

I dont think many of us give a proverbial how someone achieves that with us

48 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

It was a tweet from that fpl Lyric guy who seems to know some stuff about a week ago. Found it

He's ruining the mystique, number 1 ITK no no. The hell does he know about what Thomas Frank desperately wants?