Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It seems to me that the board are doing the sensible thing of trying to agree a deal for a new manager before sacking the incumbent. Once you get to that stage, results are pretty much irrelevant. He could win the next two matches (we’ll win at least one of them) and still get sacked.

The board are doing things properly and we just need to trust them. The most important thing is that we get the right replacement. Unless the wheels come off totally, which they’ve showed no signs of doing, we will keep Gerrard until his replacement is ready to go.

Look at Bournemouth, they sacked their manager and got a caretaker manager. What a brilliant move. Why is keeping a useless manager until a replace is ready, considered doing the right thing?

From the outside it looks the club is doing nothing. I understand that it is scary if the club wasn’t doing anything behind the scenes either. But saying that keeping a useless manager over getting a caretaker manager is the best way, to avoid the thought that the club is doing absolutely nothing, is just hiding the head in the sand.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wolves are now without a manager nearly 3 weeks. After Lopetegui deal falling through, they are going to end up panicking and making the wrong appointment 

Agreed. They will end up going for Nuno probably.

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So you dont think Poch is good enough for Villa or what is this bizarre criticism you are throwing at him over last few pages

No,.I rate Poch highly ( I've also said this in my posts if you look ), I just find this notion that he is way too good for us quite cringeworthy.

I haven't actually fired any " criticism " at him, my criticisms are more aimed at fans who seem to have an extremely overblown vision of who he is, whilst displaying a massively defeatist and self deprecating view when it comes to our club.

The FACT is that his only " Elite " job he has had is PSG. If we are honest, even that is debatable ( Elite status in comparison to traditional elite clubs I mean ) ", PSG are only currently " Elite " due to being owned by Qatar, and pretty much being too strong for the league by default.

So yes, it is ambitious to want to go after him, but this notion that it's laughable is ridiculous.

As I've noted more than once and as you know, Ancelotti went to Everton for example!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It seems to me that the board are doing the sensible thing of trying to agree a deal for a new manager before sacking the incumbent. Once you get to that stage, results are pretty much irrelevant. He could win the next two matches (we’ll win at least one of them) and still get sacked.

The board are doing things properly and we just need to trust them. The most important thing is that we get the right replacement. Unless the wheels come off totally, which they’ve showed no signs of doing, we will keep Gerrard until his replacement is ready to go.

I think you are bang on here. I have read somewhere Emery is interested but has a situation where he cannot move until November. Maybe bonus related? I've had a punt at 6/1 in hope.🤞

• Like 4

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

Look at Bournemouth, they sacked their manager and got a caretaker manager. What a brilliant move. Why is keeping a useless manager until a replace is ready, considered doing the right thing?

From the outside it looks the club is doing nothing. I understand that it is scary if the club wasn’t doing anything behind the scenes either. But saying that keeping a useless manager over getting a caretaker manager is the best way, to avoid the thought that the club is doing absolutely nothing, is just hiding the head in the sand.

We are not doing well. That’s obviously clear but at least things are stable. We should have more points than we’ve actually got and the players are still trying hard. Why rock the boat? 

4 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

I think you are bang on here. I have read somewhere Emery is interested but has a situation where he cannot move until November. Maybe bonus related? I've had a punt at 6/1 in hope.🤞

I’ve not heard this. Got a link? I know his contract is up in June. So compensation should be relatively low.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We are not doing well. That’s obviously clear but at least things are stable. We should have more points than we’ve actually got and the players are still trying hard. Why rock the boat? 

Who needs points when things are stable?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Probably wants the World Cup mini pre-season instead of rushing in

34 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Stable? Meaning rubbish, meaning less than a ppg not just this season but into last season. I’m not sure I agree we should’ve got more points the way we are playing.  We look like a team around the relegation zone.  Yeah we could’ve picked points some places but the same argument could be said about games like Southampton which was just poor teams and our goal was a rebound off the cross bar, arguably lucky to get three points that game so on balance we are where we deserve to be.  It’s not acceptable and not a “stable” that is good enough.

• Like 1

Im only listening to fabrizio at this point and something must be happening theres far too much talk and the bookies are throwing up next managers, something must be happening very soon. Happy with poch emery or tuchel, preferably tuchel for charisma and poch for coaching.

But the way i keep refreshing pages is not good for my health 

Edited by RicRic