Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Paddy gave some food for thought on their Podcast.

Said he reckons Poch is a great Manager, but would probably more be looking for a team which has fallen out of the Champions/ Euro League with a strong squad to take back.

Whereas he reckons Unai Emery is the type who has the heart and desire to drag a club like our from bottom all the way up.

Basically, he feels Emery would be a better fit.

Poch is pretty determined. He’d jump ship at the first sniff of a CL club in for him though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Like Ancelotti did with Everton

Poch is actually the bookies favourite to replace Ancelotti, who it is suspected will retire at the end of this season. Might put a dampener on him joining us

perhaps we could offer a clause if Real come calling.

Edited by duke313

56 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your right, I bet also it wouldn't make any difference with him being sacked, Critchley is obviously coaching the team now, wouldn't even notice him gone.

Gerrard leaving might not make much difference to the actual coaching but could have an effect on mentality, like when an oppressed nation is liberated from a despotic ruler.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think I could tolerate it. There's not been a manager since SGT who's left us for another job. Worrying about them leaving us for something better is a mug's game. It's better than the cycle of paying off failures that we've been stuck in for decades

I’m still concerned that Stevie could just up and leave us if Klopp were to leave the red Scouse. How would we cope? I suppose there would be big compensation. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m still concerned that Stevie could just up and leave us if Klopp were to leave the red Scouse. How would we cope? I suppose there would be big compensation. 

Liverpool need more winning mentalists. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Gerrard leaving might not make much difference to the actual coaching but could have an effect on mentality, like when an oppressed nation is liberated from a despotic ruler.

It may make a difference to the actual coaching in respect that there’d be some. As for the despotic ruler, hopefully he goes too. 

35 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

A lot of managers can go to other places and do well again though. Who has left Aston Villa and achieved anything? Smith is doing alright at Norwich, but outside of that very little. Gregory, Little, even Ron Saunders did nothing after us. 

Not that this has anything to do with our next manager but hey.

Because the managers I mentioned, apart from Atkinson and MON reached their pinnacles as managers at Villa. Little was never a big name, neither Gregory or Smith, but they got the club and no doubt when they look back on their times at Villa nothing will surpass that period. Either as players or managers for however long that period lasted. 

If anything, it is a prime reason why we've flittered about from decent to average to poor over the years. Not enough emphasis on bringing a top manager. We've been lucky at times, that in moments we've brought in those closely connected rather than a big name and they've delivered something of substance.

Anyone worth their salt could get the current squad playing decent football, even if a little inconsistent. It's certainly not a managerial graveyard by any stretch unless there is an admittance of hiring the wrong managers to start with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Poch is actually the bookies favourite to replace Ancelotti, who it is suspected will retire at the end of this season. Might put a dampener on him joining us

perhaps we could offer a clause if Real come calling.

He was the favourite to replace Ole as well… I do think it’s gunna be between poch and emery … Would luv Tuchel and Gallardo but cannot see either of those happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Poch is pretty determined. He’d jump ship at the first sniff of a CL club in for him though.

Still think Poch is fantasyland but if he did come and we only got two years out of him then the next appointment would be a lot easier, we'd be looking for a new head coach whilst not being a basket case for the first time in ages

• Like 1