Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

Sure he can come here and stay for two years, then move back to his beloved Spurs when Conte gets fed up and leaves. 

I was under the impression that Poch didn't get on with Levy though 🤷‍♂️

Will be the second manager to move on to bigger things from us after Gerrard joins Liverpool ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not the sack but he’s linked with a return to Juve.

They're skint. One thing Conte likes is a chequebook. Juve with no pot to pee in isn't as attractive as where he is. 

Just now, Pinebro said:

Makes no sense going from spurs, psg to Villa.

As much as I would love for it to happen this simply isn't happening.

Think we're a damn good place to rebuild your credentials. At PSG its very difficult to surpass expectations, at villa Gerrard has managed those right down, he can clear it a long way and look good in the process. We have a high ceiling! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

IF we can offer £20m salary, he can stay in London where he lives, £50m to spend on Jan and another £50m to spend in the summer… we might just convince him.  

Not sure if we have that much cash to spend though!

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Think we're a damn good place to rebuild your credentials. At PSG its very difficult to surpass expectations, at villa Gerrard has managed those right down, he can clear it a long way and look good in the process. We have a high ceiling! 

Yep, just play some exciting football and win a few matches and he’ll already be like the second coming of Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Agree

But at the same time he spent 2 years out of it after spurs and despite our media constantly linking him with utd and blowing a ton of smoke up his ass who knows what offers he had in that time, now been out of work for nearly 6 months and is in the same boat, for example if he went for the Chelsea job and they didn't even offer him an interview then wheres his head at right now?

I'm not convinced his stock is as high as its made out to be and we would be a good long term job for him again

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

IF we can offer £20m salary, he can stay in London where he lives, £50m to spend on Jan and another £50m to spend in the summer… we might just convince him.  

Not sure if we have that much cash to spend though!

A year? That would make him the highest paid in the league, more than Pep and Klopp. Let’s be realistic.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

A year? That would make him the highest paid in the league, more than Pep and Klopp. Let’s be realistic.

I think they are both on around similar? You’re not going to get Poch for much less than Klopp, Guardiola or Ten Hag.