Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Argentinian league is a bit messy with the 2 way system so bit more unpredictable and about 10 clubs usually in the mix for trophies. I know Crespo won a trophy with a small club last year then got a job in Brazil

I think they’ve changed that format now. It now has 28 teams, which they play each other only once.

Whilst I understand the owners wouldn’t want to go too long without a manager once Gerrard is sacked but surely we have a fully qualified coach/manager to temporarily take over while the club search for the right replacement. 

Neil Critchley by all accounts has a decent pedigree.

Just now, ender4 said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed... Daily Mail saying that 2 PL teams offered Tuchel a job as manager at their club and were turned down. 

Surely we were one of them?  Which other clubs would have?

Wolves or Leicester probably maybe West Ham they have dodgy owners😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed... Daily Mail saying that 2 PL teams offered Tuchel a job as manager at their club and were turned down. 

I’ll stop you right there mate

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Brighton and Wolves maybe?

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Makes sense, his stock is still pretty high.  It was a pipedream thinking he would come here.

He'll be linked to many top jobs after World Cup.  

With Wolves getting Nuno back, what would the feeling for Dean be? 

We were right to separate - It wasn’t working. But is there unfinished business there? Could we see a return?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

We were right to separate - It wasn’t working. But is there unfinished business there? Could we see a return?

I don't think it's likely... I wouldn't be hugely opposed, think the players probably have a new found appreciation for him too. 

Saying that we're a long way from where we were when Dean came, there are significant numbers of exciting higher profile coaches that'd be interested in the job. 

Edited by Dale

39 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

So much love for DS....but there are many more managers better in world football than Dean Smith and Steven Gerrard. Not sure why we should limit ourselves to that.

Wolves just getting Nuno back to save them from relegation and then they'd get rid of him again end of season so no long term move there whatsoever.

Actually wonder if they might make a late move for Gallardo if he's become available and fancies moving to europe.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No idea if credible but

Not sure if true but if it is, Emery is a good coach in my opinion. I think he was judged unfairly during his time at Arsenal. With Villarreal and Sevilla he’s done a very good job with them, bringing them silverware. I’ll be quite pleased if we managed to get him as a replacement.