Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gallardo would be exactly the same kind of risk that Gerrard was. Expect he doesn’t have any experience of the Premier League.

Except he’s won multiple trophies, and won’t be hired because of his playing career. He’ll be snapped up by someone in Spain or Italy, and he’ll do quite well.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Except he’s won multiple trophies, and won’t be hired because of his playing career. He’ll be snapped up by someone in Spain or Italy, and he’ll do quite well.

Multiple trophy’s where? How strong is the Argentinian League and aren’t River Plate the best team in it?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Multiple trophy’s where? How strong is the Argentinian League and aren’t River Plate the best team in it?

River and Boca are the two most successful teams. But it’s not as weak as the SPL.

He turned River into a force winning the equivalent of the CL twice, and equivalent of the Europa League once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

River and Boca are the two most successful teams. But it’s not as weak as the SPL.

He turned River into a force winning the equivalent of the CL twice, and equivalent of the Europa League once.

Looks like he is the most successful manager in their history. Still seems risky as hell but could also go to be one of the great managers in Europe. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looks like he is the most successful manager in their history. Still seems risky as hell but could also go to be one of the great managers in Europe. 

He was linked to Barca a few season ago, and they bizarrely went with Koeman. They could be back in for him if the sack Xavi.

If not I’d say he’d end up somewhere like Bilbao, Villarreal etc. and will probably win a Euro Cup with one of them.

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes I saw that, I'm surprised he only won the league once.  In my head the Argie league was a two-horse race between them and Boca but probably totally wrong. My knowledge of South American club football is shit but 2 Libertadores is impressive.

Argentinian league is a bit messy with the 2 way system so bit more unpredictable and about 10 clubs usually in the mix for trophies. I know Crespo won a trophy with a small club last year then got a job in Brazil

Matt Law yesterday was posting 🤔 emoji's and was widely expected that it was Gerrard related due to him being a Villa fan. 

Today comes out with a story saying Tuchel has turned down 2 English clubs already since leaving Chelsea.

We must be one of those, along with, I assume, Wolves or Leicester.

• Like 2