Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Id like someone who knows the English game tbf i cant afford taking further risk to then fall behind again however he looks like a half decent coach so my main choices are pochettino or tuchel

In fairness Poch had no experience when joining Southampton. Gallardo would already have the respect of the South American and French players

Maybe Paul Merson or Souness never heard of him as he is no Garry Monk or Tony Pulls

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness Poch had no experience when joining Southampton. Gallardo would already have the respect of the South American and French players

Maybe Paul Merson or Souness never heard of him as he is no Garry Monk or Tony Pulls

Yeah could be great but its just the risk involved the next appointment needs to be one where we know the chances of vast improvement will be great and if not then we’ll know the club is cursed by the witches of Salem 🤷🏾‍♂️ I dont want no washed up rafa benitez or any of those bruised apples for that matter

Useless stats time on famed PL experience:

Only 1 Premier League winning manager Ranieri had previously managed in the Premier League for a different club

Also only 1 Premier League winning manager has ever played in the Premier League (good quiz question I think)

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Only 1 Premier League winning manager Ranieri had previously managed in the Premier League for a different club

Also only 1 Premier League winning manager has ever played in the Premier League (good quiz question I think)

Mancini?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm guessing Roberto Mancini? Looks like he played a few games on loan at Leicester of all places 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mancini I assume?  I'd take Gallardo, even if he doesn't speak a word of English and I'm totally unaware of his qualities.  Just please change it Villa ffs.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Mancini I assume?  I'd take Gallardo, even if he doesn't speak a word of English and I'm totally unaware of his qualities.  Just please change it Villa ffs.

He’s River Plates most successful manager, despite only being in charge for 8 years.

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Poch had some good experience at Espanyol before Southampton (bit of trivia, he managed Coutinho then). He achieved something similar at both clubs. That was a very astute appointment by them.

The Poch Coutinho link will form the basis of Purslow’s defence of appointing SG.

“It was always in my master plan Mr Edens.”

”When is Poch coming in?”

”Well Mr Swaris, I’m err going to call him in the morning.”

”Bye Christian.”

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’s River Plates most successful manager, despite only being in charge for 8 years.

Yes I saw that, I'm surprised he only won the league once.  In my head the Argie league was a two-horse race between them and Boca but probably totally wrong. My knowledge of South American club football is shit but 2 Libertadores is impressive.

Edited by sharkyvilla

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes I saw that, I'm surprised he only won the league once.  In my head the Argie league was a two-horse race between them and Boca but probably totally wrong. My knowledge of South American club football is shit but 2 Libertadores is impressive.

He did better in the cups. Good chance we could actually win something with him in charge.

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Pochettino or Gallardo is the ones I want, by the time we sack this fraud both will have new jobs

Poch would probably edge it just because he has PL/CL experience and how good he was with Southampton and Spurs.

Gallardo would be more of a risk, but you’d be getting the South American Pep. It’s probably unlikely, I can see him going to Spain.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Poch would probably edge it just because he has PL/CL experience and how good he was with Southampton and Spurs.

Gallardo would be more of a risk, but you’d be getting the South American Pep. It’s probably unlikely, I can see him going to Spain.

Exactly, that’s why I want Poch, the current managers out of a job he easily is the best of the bunch 

Think Gallardo would play some decent stuff aswell as seen a few river games this season, shame we didn’t get Alvarez before he went to city if we do go for Gallardo 

• Like 1