Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

21 minutes ago, Dale said:

This is the pre requisite that left us with McLeish whilst Southampton got Pochettino... 

We can't take gambles on another manager who lacks experience of the league. 

McLeish was clearly a terrible appointment regardless of his experience of the League

Bielsa would be a laugh to be fair. Say what you want about his football, the man is a touch of class on and off the field. An all round great bloke based on the things I’ve seen and read. 

Obviously, it’s highly unlikely to be him, but I actually think you could do a lot worse. 

• Like 2

We won’t get a big name here because although we are biased as fans, we are not regarded in the same manner across Europe.

We can’t attract Poch or Tuchel, any talented European manager that would come here wouldn’t have the same reputation..

Purslow should, leave the managerial process to Lange..

Lange is more likely to look for a European manager..

If Lange screws this up then he can go..

If Purslow is part of the managerial process it would be a British manager.. Sean Dyche..

Edited by Reivax_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think experience of the league is crucial. But the manager definitely needs to have a good level of experience at the highest levels. 

Experience and some success from working in one (or more) of the four big leagues in Europe, and speaks good English.

• Like 1

Henry on TV last night talking about how he wants back into management but not until after the World Cup. 

It’s happening, isn’t it? It makes it all make sense. Keeping Gerrard despite the problems to limp us towards the World Cup when Thierry will take over. Linked with him before. Owners love him. 

I need to take up drinking again. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bielsa would be a laugh to be fair. Say what you want about his football, the man is a touch of class on and off the field. An all round great bloke based on the things I’ve seen and read. 

Obviously, it’s highly unlikely to be him, but I actually think you could do a lot worse. 

Villalad could be his press officer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know you’re only joking but I couldn’t give a damn about being a great bloke, and a touch of class on and off the field.  Gerrard was partially picked because of his character as well.  Can we just hire somebody that, I don’t know, maybe a good manager and coach.

As for worse, not by much, although our current incumbent is.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lampard might not agree.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

Henry on TV last night talking about how he wants back into management but not until after the World Cup. 

It’s happening, isn’t it? It makes it all make sense. Keeping Gerrard despite the problems to limp us towards the World Cup when Thierry will take over. Linked with him before. Owners love him. 

I need to take up drinking again. 

I thought you already had 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Was he terrible when he got you to 5th 2 years running and won the FA Cup?

Or is it that he can't be arsed as you sell players now and don't replace them 🤔 

He won with the team that he inherited & the team has gradually declined with him at the helm. He has alienated certain players & stubbornly stuck with others who underperform ..

Both Smith and Gerrard were appointed within a week after their predecessors were sacked. We are definitely in talks with the next manager, only a matter of days I think.

The fans have had enough, poor form, no improvements at all etc. Chelsea will be Gerrard’s last match.

On 12/10/2022 at 16:29, duke313 said:

If we couldn't get Poch, I would go all out for Gallardo.  I'm surprised he hasn't yet made the move to Europe; probably more likely he'll end up in Spain or Italy.

Id like someone who knows the English game tbf i cant afford taking further risk to then fall behind again however he looks like a half decent coach so my main choices are pochettino or tuchel

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I'm reading that if Gerrard gets fired you may be interested in Brendan Rodgers..  I'm torn because he is a terrible manager who will slowly run your into the ground & I don't think you deserve that.

But, Oh Lord I want him gone so bad .. so please please take him.

Hello Brenda Nout

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We won’t get a big name here because although we are biased as fans, we are not regarded in the same manner across Europe.

We can’t attract Poch or Tuchel, any talented European manager that would come here wouldn’t have the same reputation..

Purslow should, leave the managerial process to Lange..

Lange is more likely to look for a European manager..

If Lange screws this up then he can go..

If Purslow is part of the managerial process it would be a British manager.. Sean Dyche..

This i agree with actually excellent breakdown…. BUT ill still dream of hiring a Poch level manager … hold on there fella didn’t Everton hire some guy named carlo Ancelotti 😉

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I know you’re only joking but I couldn’t give a damn about being a great bloke, and a touch of class on and off the field.  Gerrard was partially picked because of his character as well.  Can we just hire somebody that, I don’t know, maybe a good manager and coach.

As for worse, not by much, although our current incumbent is.

If it was picked off character gerrard should have been bottom of the pile, im not a fan of his character or personality, i like a tim sherwood character but with a coaching brain