Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

A new name to debate - Bo Svenson … 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11296783/Steven-Gerrard-pressure-Aston-Villa-owners-unlikely-grant-dramatic-U-turn.html

has been part of the RB set up and has been doing a great job at Mainz 

There are so many managers that are better than Gerrard that we can easily get, that can take the club in the right direction. And there a few high profile manager that maybe need some convincing to come here, but we should still be reasonable attractive.

Step one in getting a new manager is to get Gerrard sacked. I feel the club is in limbo at the moment, we know a new manager will come, but we don’t know when.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

There are so many managers that are better than Gerrard that we can easily get, that can take the club in the right direction. And there a few high profile manager that maybe need some convincing to come here, but we should still be reasonable attractive.

Step one in getting a new manager is to get Gerrard sacked. I feel the club is in limbo at the moment, we know a new manager will come, but we don’t know when.

Such as?

Has anyone thought that maybe we have contacted some managers, but they aren't interested?  There is no point sacking Gerrard unless we have someone lined up.  

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Such as?

Has anyone thought that maybe we have contacted some managers, but they aren't interested?  There is no point sacking Gerrard unless we have someone lined up.  

Brighton just took De Zerbi who is highly rated in Italy. I bet Purslow hadnt a clue who he was as not some ex high profile player

If you think we couldnt attract a better manager and that some managers dont want a highly paid high profile gig then you are kidding yourself

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brighton just took De Zerbi who is highly rated in Italy. I bet Purslow hadnt a clue who he was as not some ex high profile player

If you think we couldnt attract a better manager and that some managers dont want a highly paid high profile gig then you are kidding yourself

He's not that highly rated, he's only managed mid-table or lower league Italian teams until he was hired by Shakhtar Donetsk.

I didn't say we couldn't attract a better quality of manager.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He's not that highly rated, he's only managed mid-table or lower league Italian teams until he was hired by Shakhtar Donetsk.

I didn't say we couldn't attract a better quality of manager.

He nearly got Sassuolo into Europe playing stylish football. Not one of the giants and was wanted by Napoli if Spalletti was going to walk away in the summer

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Who is the current Poch in Spain/Italy/Germany. Someone taking an unfancied teams to lofty heights? Think that'd be a good idea... 

Freiburg and Union Berlin are top of the league in Germany. Atalanta started brightly again and surprisingly Udinese

I doubt Purslow has heard any of these teams managers since none captained Liverpool😉

14 minutes ago, John said:

How can Bruce fix Villa? - Box To Box Football Not long ago, we were all thinking SG would jump ship and go to Liverpool. That's currently as likely to happen as this is (again). 

Were we. That was really the best case scenario. I'd love it if that happened now... 

• Like 1