Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Too much trust in Christian?

Maybe. But even so if people are talking that they're serious enough to get a Poch, why not instruct your CEO to get thar calibre of manager 12 months prior. When we were arguably in a stronger position.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That'a bit of an oxymoron for the correct relationship between the BOD and CEO. If they don't have total trust he should be replaced

Not really.

If the Gerrard appointment does end in the next couple of games it may well end in his sacking (Purlow's) or may just deplete any, and them some, credit in the bank for any big committee-less decisions made by him for the foreseeable. Perhaps I'm wrong but it does seem extremely likely that Gerrard was almost purely Purslow's man and I would imagine it took some "neck on the line" to make it happen, because it certainly wasn't Stevie's managerial pedigree.

Should Gerrard be replaced, we need a manger that has never been sacked. That’s the key to success.

However, Gerrard has never been sacked… just saying. I think we all know if we hold onto him, we will win the league next season. I don’t want any credit for being ITK either. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Should Gerrard be replaced, we need a manger that has never been sacked. That’s the key to success.

However, Gerrard has never been sacked… just saying. I think we all know if we hold onto him, we will win the league next season. I don’t want any credit for being ITK either. 

Deano had never been sacked. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Isn’t getting sacked almost part of growing up as manager?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Are they as serious as people keep telling us? 

Why not go for a top manager last year if they are? Why did we go for the manager of rangers? 

Why is it different now?

Because Purslow went hard (literally and metaphorically) on Gerrard and NSWE entrust footballing decisions to the CEO. This is one of the reasons I think Purslow's job is in some jepody. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tayls said:

One that have been mention on here, Kjetil Knutsen, have been sacked. The board when behind his back and signed the son of one of the board members, and Knutsen refused to play him, so the board fired him. 

Poch makes sense on every level. It would be interesting what he’d do with Ramsey being similar to a prime Dele Ali in many ways. How he’d utilise Buendia & Coutihno. Bailey … etc Cannot see him being offered a top 6 job in the 18/24 months…

• Like 2

I wish people would stop staring as if some authority that “so and so” would not come to Villa.

This club has ambition and has backed its managers, the thing that has held us back is the Manager.

We need to grow some balls, pull the plug on the failed experiment and give Poch or even Tuchal a £100m budget for Jan and say, go for it

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Poch makes sense on every level. It would be interesting what he’d do with Ramsey being similar to a prime Dele Ali in many ways. How he’d utilise Buendia & Coutihno. Bailey … etc Cannot see him being offered a top 6 job in the 18/24 months…

He has the double pivot in Kamara and Luiz + Dendoncker (at Spurs it was Dembele and Dier then later Wanyama), he has his Eriksen in Buendia or Coutinho, he has his Alli in Ramsey like you said, his Son in Bailey. He has his flying fullbacks in Cash and Digne.

Only thing is can he get some form out of Ings. He seemed like the natural replacement for Kane right before we got him, so hopefully it's still possible. Honestly if we show him this team plus promise him funds in January, I can see this being enticing for him. We have the tools. He doesn't need to spend 2 years building this like he did at Spurs:

Ings

Bailey    Ramsey   Buendia

Kamara       Luiz 

Digne  Mings     -?-      Cash

Martinez 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Whilst I totally agree ,I just can’t see it happening, Poch will be employed elsewhere by the time we’ve dithered around