Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The original post insinuates that, just because some of us speculate on VT that he has a game by game basis to save his job, that it's accurate at board or club level.

You then chimed in to have a moan about fans showing blind faith ( which also isn't true ) as if it affects any sort of outcome.

There are a group of you throwing toys out the pram everyday at any fan who insinuates anything other than " sack him right this minute " as if we make any difference to what is ACTUALLY happening.

Fair enough. 
Of course we don’t know what’s going on at board level but are we wrong to suggest this is what’s happening? Gerrards clearly fighting for his job, a bad loss against city and I think he would have been gone. A loss at the weekend and I think he could be gone too, I don’t think that’s wild speculation. 
Are fans really not showing blind faith? What evidence have you seen to suggest since he was appointed that he’s going to take us to where we want to be? Wins against Leeds, Southampton, Norwich, Burnley? The highest opponent in the league table we’ve had a win against was Brighton I’m sure. Bournemouth “newly qualified”, West Ham “fluke goal”, palace dominated us, we scored from a corner against arsenal. Bolton had the better of us for 45 minutes. And we’ve got people talking about cup runs with him, I just don’t see it. I’m not being negative for negatives sake it’s the last thing I want but I’m calling a spade a spade. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It will be interesting to see if Potter does go to Chelsea. The amount of people on here that said he won't leave Brighton (myself included with the caveat he would leave during the summer and not midseason) may see that money talks

Leaving Brighton to manage Chelsea in the CL is not really the same as leaving Brighton to manage Villa in a relegation scrap is it?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You realise the bits in bold are fan fueled speculation right? How can fans fully know this unless they are ITK? Even I fell into that trap of believing all this due to the " vibe " around the place and media.

I listened to Bardell and Neil on Podcast the other night and Bardell said contrary to popular belief the players actually like SG and want to play for him. Neil then asked where all the speculation was coming from and the response was its just normal speculation in bad tines.

However there indeed have been issues with systems and players being on board with that etc.

Now I'm not saying he doesn't need sacking for other reasons outlined, but let's not just run with our own narratives to please ourselves.

So Gerrard didn’t call out Mings publicly? Percy didn’t come out and say players were confused at the treatment of Sanson? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

It will be interesting to see if TT does go to Chelsea. The amount of people on here that said he won't leave Brighton (myself included with the caveat he would leave during the summer and not midseason) may see that money talks

I assume you mean GP? Yeah, a Chelsea offer could be the ultimate test of Potter’s character. If he says no at least we can forget tempting him with money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You realise the bits in bold are fan fueled speculation right? How can fans fully know this unless they are ITK? Even I fell into that trap of believing all this due to the " vibe " around the place and media.

I listened to Bardell and Neil on Podcast the other night and Bardell said contrary to popular belief the players actually like SG and want to play for him. Neil then asked where all the speculation was coming from and the response was its just normal speculation in bad tines.

However there indeed have been issues with systems and players being on board with that etc.

Now I'm not saying he doesn't need sacking for other reasons outlined, but let's not just run with our own narratives to please ourselves.

Also how is Gerrards dependency on a first team coach fan speculation? He’s said it himself, Martinez in an interview said something along the lines of never seeing a coach being so involved. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Also how is Gerrards dependency on a first team coach fan speculation? He’s said it himself, Martinez in an interview said something along the lines of never seeing a coach being so involved. 

I would be concerned if SG wasn't dependent upon first team coaches. If he isn't then we are employing under qualified coaches or not using the coaches we have to their full potential. The best managers are the ones that have the confidence to employ the best people to work for them

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

13 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

So Gerrard didn’t call out Mings publicly? Percy didn’t come out and say players were confused at the treatment of Sanson? 

Well to be fair, the Ming's situation was us taking something out of context and running with it.

It was then proven that Tyrone wasn't actually fit.

The Sanson and Percy articles are of course accurate.

My point is, we are desperate to slant things as negatively as possible hoping it influences a desired outcome.

The stripoing the captaincy, giving it to McGinn and not having Ming's even one of the leadership role sis a valid point.

Players fall out with Managers at clubs all the time, see Abamuayeng and Arteta for example.

If we were doing well, yeah it would slightly peeve us off, but nothing of the way we are going on now.

New Regimes will always have growing pains.

I'll reiterate that this doesn't extinguish arguments for him to be sacked based on results.

In one of my earlier posts, I even said that the bad vibes and falling out with players etc was more of a concern to me than the results at the time.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

Auba says hi

20220907_105113.jpg

Considering the current state of Villa, it feels good to be able to laugh at other clubs for a change.

Boehly seems to be a complete idiot btw. Sack the DoF and take that role himself, burn 100s of millions on players without a plan of how to use them.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Considering the current state of Villa, it feels good to be able to laugh at other clubs for a change.

Boehly seems to be a complete idiot btw. Sack the DoF and take that role himself, burn 100s of millions on players without a plan of how to use them.

If we are laughing at Chelsea then we are in a very very good position imo. Chelsea bought a player for 100m and let him go on loan for a reported 6m the following season. If that doesn't warrant the DoF losing his job I have no idea what would

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

If we are laughing at Chelsea then we are in a very very good position imo. Chelsea bought a player for 100m and let him go on loan for a reported 6m the following season. If that doesn't warrant the DoF losing his job I have no idea what would

Sold 2 young England International CBs whilst having 2 other CBs in the last year of their contracts... 

34 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Ignoring a 10 month trend, bad selections, terrible football, player fallouts, heavy dependency on a first team coach, in the hope that Gerrard might suddenly learn how to be a good manager is blind faith imo. 

not wanting to start any war, but sacking a manager and then hoping the new one coming in will do a better job could also easily be seen as blind faith.

22 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Fair enough. 
Of course we don’t know what’s going on at board level but are we wrong to suggest this is what’s happening? Gerrards clearly fighting for his job, a bad loss against city and I think he would have been gone. A loss at the weekend and I think he could be gone too, I don’t think that’s wild speculation. 
Are fans really not showing blind faith? What evidence have you seen to suggest since he was appointed that he’s going to take us to where we want to be? Wins against Leeds, Southampton, Norwich, Burnley? The highest opponent in the league table we’ve had a win against was Brighton I’m sure. Bournemouth “newly qualified”, West Ham “fluke goal”, palace dominated us, we scored from a corner against arsenal. Bolton had the better of us for 45 minutes. And we’ve got people talking about cup runs with him, I just don’t see it. I’m not being negative for negatives sake it’s the last thing I want but I’m calling a spade a spade. 

You are painting a negative picture, for reasons that belong to you.....The Bolton game is a desperate attempt to do just that.....We won away from home, these teams are well up for it, its their cup final, how many scalps, do I have to mention for it to be valid.

We had the better of West Ham for 45 minutes, but we lost, you can't have if both ways, but fair play, you try.

What we say on here is hot air......Its the management, that will decide, if he goes or stays......but this constant carping at the blokes work, is tedious.

He is a rookie manager, and that means, he was brought in for the long haul, because in the long term they believe, the qualities he showed as a player, will shine through in management.....its nothing to do with his skill as a player, its do with him as a man, what drives him etc.

No one can be happy, with his record to date, with us, but its whether he can get there in time, I believe he will.

The irony for me is, we seem to find empathy for a young up and coming player and tolerate mistakes....but because SG has legendary status as a player, few fans on here, seem to be as generous, with a rookie manager.

I think some call it double standards.

Perhaps Thomas Tuchel, is what is needed an experienced head.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

The Lukaku signing was probably the low point in Marina’s career but she made more good deals than bad over the years. Boehly’s first window can only be excused if he was drunk all summer.