Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Only at this club do you have a manager who's future is based on taking it one game at a time.

Anywhere else the trigger would have been pulled and decisive action taken.

Lions lead by lambs.

It’s pathetic imo, and a large number of fans showing blind faith that one more game will mark the end of all the issues we’ve had the last 10 months. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s pathetic imo, and a large number of fans showing blind faith that one more game will mark the end of all the issues we’ve had the last 10 months. 

You guys realise that all we do is give opinions on a website right?

It appears that people think VT opinion actually affects the owners decisions one way or another 😂

• Like 3

With Tuchel, I've seen reports come out that he was a bit difficult to deal with at board level. So if there's a scenario where he would be interested, do you think the relationship will last at our club with him Purslow and Lange? Also Tuchel had a type of 'bomb' squad at Chelsea as well, I'm sure he had it at Dortmund and PSG(not sure if this is all the way true baring in mind)

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I haven't seen anyone show blind faith that one more game will mark the end of the issues. Wanting to give a novice manager more time is not showing blind faith, it is giving him a chance to demonstrate he can adapt and learn. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You guys realise that all we do is give opinions on a website right?

It appears that people think VT opinion actually affects the owners decisions one way or another 😂

Unsure where you’ve drawn that conclusion from my reply to be honest 

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

With Tuchel, I've seen reports come out that he was a bit difficult to deal with at board level. So if there's a scenario where he would be interested, do you think the relationship will last at our club with him Purslow and Lange? Also Tuchel had a type of 'bomb' squad at Chelsea as well, I'm sure he had it at Dortmund and PSG(not sure if this is all the way true baring in mind)

I would think his sacking has a huge amount to do with Lukaku. They spent 100m on him last year and he is out on loan this season. That is a monumental cock up. The poor form this season is probably just the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Like 1

Villa must get a manager who wants to make a statement here, someone with the intention of building something.

Tuchel wouldn’t be a good fit at this point and neither would Poch. They would be constantly checking their messages to see if a better offer comes up. You don’t want a manager who feels he’s bigger than the club.

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Unsure where you’ve drawn that conclusion from my reply to be honest 

The original post insinuates that, just because some of us speculate on VT that he has a game by game basis to save his job, that it's accurate at board or club level.

You then chimed in to have a moan about fans showing blind faith ( which also isn't true ) as if it affects any sort of outcome.

There are a group of you throwing toys out the pram everyday at any fan who insinuates anything other than " sack him right this minute " as if we make any difference to what is ACTUALLY happening.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Ignoring a 10 month trend, bad selections, terrible football, player fallouts, heavy dependency on a first team coach, in the hope that Gerrard might suddenly learn how to be a good manager is blind faith imo. 

The trend has been the same since Jan 2021. We are averaging very close to 1 ppg. Contrary to popular narrative there isn't a continuous downward trend. Yes we had a spike when SG joined us but that followed a 5 game losing streak. As you are using the word 'trend' you need to iron out the spikes and look at what the actual ppg is. So SG has so far demonstrated he cannot improve the ppg since when he took over. With a new manager it makes sense to give a chance before we pull the plug. He has had a preseason and he has got his players in. It is prudent to allow him more than 6 games to prove himself. If he doesn't then he gets sacked

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sne said:

So that's Potter to Chelsea, Poch to Sevilla and Rose to RB Leipzig by the looks of it. ☹️

That leaves Tedescu and Lopetegui without a job. I was thinking highly of Tedescu before but maybe he isn’t quite ready. Lopetegui on the other hand, why not? Maybe not british enough.

It will be interesting to see if Potter does go to Chelsea. The amount of people on here that said he won't leave Brighton (myself included with the caveat he would leave during the summer and not midseason) may see that money talks

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I haven't seen anyone show blind faith that one more game will mark the end of the issues. Wanting to give a novice manager more time is not showing blind faith, it is giving him a chance to demonstrate he can adapt and learn. 

Reason prevails.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

It will be interesting to see if TT does go to Chelsea. The amount of people on here that said he won't leave Brighton (myself included with the caveat he would leave during the summer and not midseason) may see that money talks

Is TT Graham Potters nickname?

• Thanks 1