Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Wtf Sean dyche is now palatable - Much rather stick for now if that’s the best answer 

Dyche is obviously better than Gerrard but I don't know some people are acting as if Dyche is our only option that wouldn't get us relegated. Absurd, especially given how early in the season it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Have you seen the league?

Yes we are second from bottom but only 5 games in and a win or two pushes up the table. Doesn’t mean we need to be scrapping the barrel with dyche just because of our current low position. 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Look I’ve got a big box of straws here and I intend to grab hold of them all. 

I think it’s an indication of how quickly this appointment has taken away our momentum/hope  I genuinely think we’ve messed up so badly that Sean Dyke has become a pragmatic answer to the problems we have created or rather Purslow has created himself. I really think Purslow may be living on borrowed time. The longer he farts about with this shambles reduces his time to sort it out. He’d better have a plan more inspiring than Sean Dyke, but the more this goes on, the more damage is done and the less attractive we become to a top manager. Slippy G and Larry Limelight could leave in the same cab soon. 

I have not heard of Sean Dyke so cannot comment, but Dyche could be a reasonable option given the shite we are in

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m not particularly “advocating” for him, but here are some pluses

lots of premier league experience,

got a poor/average squad  (on paper) to active better on a regular basis.

knows how to set up a team to be difficult to beat. 

generally considered a good man manager.  

if we got him as manager, he will be a great choice for now. But, unlikely be a good solution for the long run. As I’m not sure if he can set a team up to dominate a game. 

I am pretty sure they dominated us with a lesser side on a number of occasions. 

Give him till the end of the season with an option for a second

Edited by macandally

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yes we are second from bottom but only 5 games in and a win or two pushes up the table. Doesn’t mean we need to be scrapping the barrel with dyche just because of our current low position. 

Dyche will get another Premier League opportunity and will do well.

Out options are:

Someone we KNOW will sort us out (Poch) - “Poch won’t come to us”

Someone who COULD get us out this mess (Potter) - “why would he leave where he is to come to us”

The fancy foreigner (Rose etc.) - it’s a gamble, new league, may fly May crash.  We could go down 

Finally, the rescue package (the Allardici approach) - Dyche would walk here and would keep us up.

I am open to suggestions but take the emotion out of it and the fact is, we cannot afford to go down, it took us four years to get back and teams are punching above their weight 

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wtf Sean dyche is now palatable - Much rather stick for now if that’s the best answer 

Dyche proved to be a very effective manager under the constraints he had at Burnley. 

How would he fare at a club with better players?

Not saying I want him, but he deserves more respect, IMO.

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Dyche proved to be a very effective manager under the constraints he had at Burnley. 

How would he fare at a club with better players?

Not saying I want him, but he deserves more respect, IMO.

He's clearly a better manager than Gerrard