Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Lupinthe5th said:

Gerrard's Brother 

I have no idea who he is, or if he even exists, but I'm at the point where I think Gerrard is actively trying to lose games so I imagine his brother couldnt be any worse.  He would probably want to do better than him to outshine him for once.

I mean, if you'd said Putin I might have revised my anyone comment. 

17 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Failed at Arsenal

What makes you think hes the man for us? 
Isnt he just a cup manager? Whats his league form like?

Do you reckon they hire a different Manager during the regular season to get them into Cup qualifying positions in the first place. Then just put him in for the Cup games? Lol

• Haha 1

I don’t know whether this is going to give anyone any solace or encouragement but… I’ve just been thinking…

After relegation… (I’ll exclude past PL time due to issues with the owner, problems with finances, reasons for managers’ poor performances, plus it’s too much to write about and too far back to go 😆)..

we made a poor appointment in Di Matteo… he was poor and failed…

we followed that up with Bruce… dire, dull crap…

then we got Dean… and we were flying…

Maybe it’s not a case of our club having rotten luck or whatever… maybe it’s just a case of appointing the right person at the the right time…

we messed up again with SG… but if we bring in the right guy next… we could start doing really well again…

there is hope… we just need to take the correct and decisive action…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Wonder if we could tempt Mancini from the Italy job given they didn't qualify for the WC?

Emery is also a good shout

Not for me. Dont get me wrong he is a great manager and would be the perfect man for the job in every way but one.

See my wife fancies him and when he was at Man City always asked "is the good looking manager on today?" Then would park herself on the couch and comment on how good looking he was and compare his grooming to mine and how I could learn a thing or two from him. Something about his Italian style and salt & pepper looks.

I really cant handle her getting moist every time he comes on camera if he became our manager.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not for me. Dont get me wrong he is a great manager and would be the perfect man for the job in every way but one.

See my wife fancies him and when he was at Man City always asked "is the good looking manager on today?" Then would park herself on the couch and comment on how good looking he was and compare his grooming to mine and how I could learn a thing or two from him. Something about his Italian style and salt & pepper looks.

I really cant handle her getting moist every time he comes on camera if he became our manager.

We all need to make sacrifices for the benefit of the club.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, ejvilla said:

We ain't getting anyone experienced who's not failed anywhere.

Poch ain't happening. 

Potter ain't happening. 

Need to be realistic. 

Rodgers is a possibility (failed at liverpool, failing a bit now)

Emery has villareal going well in la liga. 5th at mo, 7th last yr. Won europa league in 21, semis of CL last year. All with a classically midtable club.

Gettable experienced manager who works well overachieving for midtable sides. 

I think that this is a good shout, if he's still got ambition to prove himself in the premiership.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Thrown the team under the bus again. 

Dont think he has to be honest dont see much wrong with what he said but ut keeps happening and thats why he has to be shown the door.

The defence was a shambles fir that 2nd goal. It was cowardly yet again. They did so well to score then go and implode and concede straight away

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Don't complain, he's done all the prep work so you can slip right in 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I’d  be happy for him to shag my wife if it meant she was happy watching the villa and didn’t just sit there asking when it was going to finish for 89 minutes.

• Haha 3

I like the Emery shout. I like it a lot.

Wasn't given a fair crack at Arsenal. Was always going to be tough after so many years of Wenger and he naturally struggled with the language a bit. I reckon he'd feel he had a point to prove if he came back to the Premier League.

• Like 1

Honestly after thinking about it I would take Sean Dyche. Good at operating at that relegation level, but also worked wonders at Burnley for years and deserves a club with a bit of backing to see what he can do. Certainly we wouldn't have a disappearing midfield with him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Honestly after thinking about it I would take Sean Dyche. Good at operating at that relegation level, but also worked wonders at Burnley for years and deserves a club with a bit of backing to see what he can do. Certainly we wouldn't have a disappearing midfield with him.

He's an interesting one. Clearly a very good manager for what he achieved at Burnley on a shoestring for so long. Unfortunately for him he's been thrown in the same bag as Big Sam and there'll always be doubts as to whether he can adapt his style of play given more resources to play with. Would certainly be an upgrade on what we currently have but unlikely to be a Purslow choice given his attraction to star ex-players.