Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

There’s one on twitter that broke the news regarding the sarr deal being off before anyone else knew it and the kamara deal being done before it was officially announced, saying

spacer.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

There’s one on twitter that broke the news regarding the sarr deal being off before anyone else knew it and the kamara deal being done before it was officially announced, saying

Even if we were to get Poch (and that's a very big if), we'd only drag him down to our level.

Edited by His Name Is Death

16 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

If there is any truth, you wonder if they would be bouncing ideas off about transfer targets, what might be needed, what can be worked with etc.

Perhaps any signings coming in now would be " club " signings?

Could all be bollox too obs.

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Chelsea fans talking about pressure on Tuchel because Poch is out of a job. 

And we really think he'd come to us?

Yes i do.

IF NSWE act quick and show us that they actually mean business

We meed to stop shopping in Poundland and go to Harrods.

We hear all the time how ambitious they are. 

Now is the time to show it.

We will never break into the top 6 until they do.

If Graham Potter is to become the next Villa Manager, I fear we are going down a similar road to what we did with Dean......boyhood villa fan yes, but the real worry is, The backroom setup at Brighton, is like Brentford.....and He can't take that with him, like Dean couldn't.

Lets just have a look at his record at Brighton

P       W      D     L     Win Ratio      PPG

134    41    46   47       30.6%        1.26

Now thats on the back of a good recruitment set up.....which ours is debatable.

That to me, looks like "hard to beat"....which is something, right now, but not much more than that.

I still fear, that if Gerrard goes and the case is strengthening by the day......it still won't fix our woes, by that alone.

I think there is a deep rooted issue, here....but not sure what.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If Graham Potter is to become the next Villa Manager, I fear we are going down a similar road to what we did with Dean......boyhood villa fan yes, but the real worry is, The backroom setup at Brighton, is like Brentford.....and He can't take that with him, like Dean couldn't.

That to me, looks like "hard to beat"....which is something, right now, but not much more than that.

I still fear, that if Gerrard goes and the case is strengthening by the day......it still won't fix our woes, by that alone.

Potter is too much of another gamble. Has potential, an emerging manager lots of plaudits and you could argue he's the latest flavour of the month, but he's another gamble.

Purslow and NSWE need to show real ambition and go all out for a proven manager.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its catch 22.....they will stop spending, if the signings are not giving value for money......and our record over the last 3/4 years is sketchy at best.

I mean what is our Director of football doing, while 2 managers were struggling?.....in contrast Edu seems to support Arteta?

Our recruitment policy has been crap. We've been buying people on stats. 

It's also damning that we still haven't addressed the midfield when even Doris the tea lady knows it needs sorting.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Potter is too much of another gamble. Has potential, an emerging manager lots of plaudits and you could argue he's the latest flavour of the month, but he's another gamble.

Purslow and NSWE need to show real ambition and go all out for a proven manager.

Our recruitment policy has been crap. We've been buying people on stats. 

It's also damning that we still haven't addressed the midfield when even Doris the tea lady knows it needs sorting.

Can't argue.

This problem is MORE than Steven Gerrard....even if some of the claims against him have credence.

10 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Potter would have been ideal when we sacked Smith. I'm not sure he's the best option now after the effect Gerrard has had on the squad, and I highly doubt he'd come here mid-season with Brighton looking a much better team than us this year due to his hard work starting to pay dividends 

This squad needs a serious rebuild....its not balanced right....and that is a daunting task.

We have some decent players, but it is not a TEAM......While I accept its a coaching issue, its much ,more too. The coach whoever he is, needs a balance to work with, too many of our players are  essentially the same or similar.....and too many are not functioning to their full potential all at the same time.....thats is hard to turn around.

The Transfer window has not helped either, after an encouraging start.....I think the club may have lost confidence, in the amont of damp squibs, we have signed......something is not right.

I don't know, who would turn this around, in the time we want.....and Potters record is no better on paper than SG's , it wasn't that much better at Swansea either.

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats an incredible record. Give him a good striker and he will turn them draws into wins.

Potter IN!

3 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Thats an incredible record. Give him a good striker and he will turn them draws into wins.

Potter IN!

He has a very, very good recruitment team......so why don't they do it?....in fact converesly, thay have just got rid of Maupay.

but Danny wellbeck, is better than what we have, anyway.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

He has a very, very good recruitment team......so why don't they do it?....in fact converesly, thay have just got rid of Maupay.

We should do too! Its just that since Gerrard come in he's demanded older, more experienced players so called "winners"  to the team. 
We need to go back to signing the best young talent. 

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is a deep rooted issue and it's starts with Purslow. He needs to get some people around him who know the English game, the type that Brentford and Brighton appear to have around them. He can then leave the football analysis to them , look at the facts they present and make a choice from the top contenders.

I thought we had that but looking at the decisions we have made and are making we obviously haven't. Some terrible signings in areas we haven't needed and glaring omissions is areas we have , the midfield for one. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

There is a deep rooted issue and it's starts with Purslow. He needs to get some people around him who know the English game, the type that Brentford and Brighton appear to have around them. He can then leave the football analysis to them , look at the facts they present and make a choice from the top contenders.

I thought we had that but looking at the decisions we have made and are making we obviously haven't. Some terrible signings in areas we haven't needed and glaring omissions is areas we have , the midfield for one. 

I thought that was Johan Lange?

but not sure what that character, is all about.

Perhaps we will get a scandinavian manager next?

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

They have a great recruitment team but lost their well respected director of football to Newcastle recently.

Brighton have acted intelligently in the market and signed talent at low prices, but they have a tight budget and aren't exactly spending freely. Striker is the most expensive category of players -- good strikers are nearly always expensive unless you find them young.

7 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Leicester fans would seemingly drive Rogers here as they want him out.

Don’t know how accurate this is but it’s from their forum…

F1B4E2C6-9CD2-4BCA-8C36-3351F404E169.jpeg

Take a look at Viera's record too......Eddie Howe, couldn't buy a win when he first came, while SG picked up 4.

We need to ensure we don't lose our heads, while those around us are losing theirs.

He looks broken too.....has their buying dried up?

Funny how all the best managers, have the best players....is it a coincidence?