Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

When we do actually have a vacancy, I feel the talk of Poch and Potter would be a tad ambitious. I think we need to accept that a more realistic gettable candidate would be someone like:

Burnley sack Sean Dyche in midst of Premier League relegation battle |  Burnley | The Guardian

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

When we do actually have a vacancy, I feel the talk of Poch and Potter would be a tad ambitious. I think we need to accept that a more realistic gettable candidate would be someone like:

Burnley sack Sean Dyche in midst of Premier League relegation battle |  Burnley | The Guardian

If Poch and Potter both reject us?  Rodgers or Dyche will be viable alternative, who would we prefer in that scenario?

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Perfect imo that’s exactly how we should set up… but these guys in charge haven't got a f**king clue and cant drop a certain ‘magnificent seven’ it bloody annoys me… need someone new to come in for that reason alone… he’s looking at something every week and thinking its okay.

It's so obvious it's obscene, so much attacking talent, the players are there to cover the double pivot (With Nakamba, Tim and I'm sure I read somewhere that the sweet prince Sanson can play there too.... Maybe it was football manager) - we have a very capable squad, and it's exactly how Poch likes to play according to various sources around the world wide web...

12 minutes ago, John said:

How are they too ambitious?

Our resources and squad will have hungry managers interes

Just now, sne said:

We can't assemble a group of players like this and then have Dyche to coach them. He has a place in football but it isn't here, the fit would be comical.

I think it's harsh on Dyche.  He was working with nothing at Burnley, it was a miracle he kept them in the PL as long as he did.  He'd at least make us heard to beat, anyway I think he's nailed on for the Bournemouth job.  

Dyche is on the Pulis/Allardyce career path, destined to manage medium sized unfashionable clubs that will hover around PL survival and Championship promotion.

He's a solid manager but no club with the ambitions and finances we allegedly have are going to touch him.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

We can't assemble a group of players like this and then have Dyche to coach them. He has a place in football but it isn't here, the fit would be comical.

Creativity in the form of Mings going long in to space looking for watkins whilst loving the tenacity of mcginn in the middle... 

What would actually change? 

Probably wouldn't bomb the fullbacks forward aimlessly 

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

I think it's harsh on Dyche.  He was working with nothing at Burnley, it was a miracle he kept them in the PL as long as he did.  He'd at least make us heard to beat, anyway I think he's nailed on for the Bournemouth job.  

My point was that the fit with the players we have is IMO terrible. We have to get a manager who fits the players we have and then let him add a bit to it. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Creativity in the form of Mings going long in to space looking for watkins whilst loving the tenacity of mcginn in the middle... 

What would actually change? 

Probably wouldn't bomb the fullbacks forward aimlessly 

What would change? We (Dyche) would get rid of midget forwards like Buendia and bring in a couple of big blokes who can head the bloody ball. I'm sure Newcastle would let Chris Wood go. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

My point was that the fit with the players we have is IMO terrible. We have to get a manager who fits the players we have and then let him add a bit to it. 

With Dyche our current players would leave as soon as they could. So would be a rebuild and bringing some players with stature.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Agree

Probably doing him a disservice here but Dyche set Burnley up first and foremost to be aggressive battlers, that ain't us, then they played 4-4-2 with a lot of crossing and high balls in to a big target man whereas we don't have a target man and we're down to 1 winger, it's low possession whereas Gerrard has us trying to play high possession (!) with a reliance on set piece goals which again we aren't good at 

Then I also think personality wise he just doesn't fit, the whole underdog scrapper nobody likes us routine worked a treat at Burnley, it won't at villa 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

With Dyche our current players would leave as soon as they could. So would be a rebuild and bringing some players with stature.

Yup. As I said, Dyche is a terrible fit.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree

Probably doing him a disservice here but Dyche set Burnley up first and foremost to be aggressive battlers, that ain't us, then they played 4-4-2 with a lot of crossing and high balls in to a big target man whereas we don't have a target man and we're down to 1 winger, it's low possession whereas Gerrard has us trying to play high possession (!) with a reliance on set piece goals which again we aren't good at 

Then I also think personality wise he just doesn't fit, the whole underdog scrapper nobody likes us routine worked a treat at Burnley, it won't at villa 

442 with Bailey on left and Buendia on right. You know you can tell the wingers to cross it low instead of high?