Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We have to get Poch before other jobs become available. Move fast. 

I just think we’re too invested in this ‘project’ to do that. Shame, as I think he would be a fantastic appointment with a real point to prove after his stint in Paris. Would work wonders with some of the young players we have coming through.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I just think we’re too invested in this ‘project’ to do that. Shame, as I think he would be a fantastic appointment with a real point to prove after his stint in Paris. Would work wonders with some of the young players we have coming through.

My sentiments exactly. Give us a good 5-6 years, get us to top 6 contenders then jet off to a Real Madrid or whoever he wants.

14 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

This project? Gerrard you mean or Villa? If Villa then he can enhance the Villa project, the evolution of the project.  If Gerrard, then who cares if the project is going backwards.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This project? Gerrard you mean or Villa? If Villa then he can enhance the Villa project, the evolution of the project.  If Gerrard, then who cares if the project is going backwards.

I mean Gerrard. I’m not saying that we shouldn’t go for Poch, I’m just saying that I don’t think we will as we’ve invested too much into it to just scrap it now. I think we’re at the beginning of the end though, it’s just whether a manager of this quality will still be available when we do pull the trigger. I personally think he has until the international break after the Southampton game on 16/9. This is all of course on the basis that Poch would even be interested in coming here 😂

29 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

My sentiments exactly. Give us a good 5-6 years, get us to top 6 contenders then jet off to a Real Madrid or whoever he wants.

5-6 years? He'd be off as soon as the Chelsea or United jobs became available.

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

5-6 years? He'd be off as soon as the Chelsea or United jobs became available.

Yeah, that's the catch. Poch at Villa would most likely be a short affair. It's not as if he has to prove himself at Villa first to get offers from other clubs (like Gerrard would have to get the Liverpool job). Poch is seen as already proven so could leave anytime.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

No one has lasted 5 years at Villa since Ron Saunders. 40 years ago.

Also even if Poch took the job on (which I think is unlikely) our players don't suit his style at all. We press the least in the league and Poch is all about high intensity pressing. Coutinho would last 20 minutes and would be blowing out of his ass. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah, that's the catch. Poch at Villa would most likely be a short affair. It's not as if has to prove himself at Villa first to get offers from other clubs (like Gerrard would have been to get the Liverpool job). Poch is seen as already proven so could leave anytime.

In other words we can either have top class that other clubs would want or we can have barging bin rubbish that no one wants. Poch for me every time. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If Purslow has to get rid of gerrard, i'm sure he'll just go for another wotlrld class footballer trying to make it in management, someone he can then tell everyone that he's good friends with.

Welcome Andrea Pirlo

• Haha 2