Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

21 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I just want Poch to being that 4-2-3-1 with that super sexy double pivot of Kamara and Luiz. How sexy would this be:-

Martinez

Cash                 Chambers          Mings             Digne

Kamara                   Luiz

Bailey                           Buendia                   Coutinho

Ings

That is not a bottom half team.

Looks good to me!

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

And how would you know it's untrue?

I just refuse to believe someone from inside the club has told someone else with a Villa news Twitter account that they are meeting Pochettino for tea, behind Gerrards back… there’s something there which doesn’t quite sound right to me…?

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I just refuse to believe someone from inside the club has told someone else with a Villa news Twitter account that they are meeting Pochettino for tea, behind Gerrards back… there’s something there which doesn’t quite sound right to me…?

Don't kill my hope! 😜

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Who says it’s behind Gerrards back?

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Who says it’s behind Gerrards back?

Well Gerrard might be at one of the other tables waiting for his scones to arrive. I reckon even he would catch on to what was happening. Do you reckon Gerrard is a jam first or last kinda person? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

There will be at least two football agents involved in any such meeting, they're not exactly known for their discretion. 

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Would Potter leave Brighton at this moment, is there a bigger calling further down the road for him? We are definately a big destination club despite our troubles.

What was the negative issues around Poch while at Spurs or was it all Levy?

They hated each other and Levy refused to open the checkbook for him.

• Thanks 1

Well Gerrard might be at one of the other tables waiting for his scones to arrive. I reckon even he would catch on to what was happening. Do you reckon Gerrard is a jam first or last kinda person? 

I appreciate the sarcasm, but you really don’t think it’s possible that management gave him a heads up that they may start looking at other managers?

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I appreciate the sarcasm, but you really don’t think it’s possible that management gave him a heads up that they may start looking at other managers?

No. Otherwise they would have just sacked him. I don’t think any person would agree to that and not leave immediately with their payoff in hand. Imagine if your place of work did that to you? Would you just say fine and stick around? 

If there is something going on, it will be very secret squirrel. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I just want Poch to being that 4-2-3-1 with that super sexy double pivot of Kamara and Luiz. How sexy would this be:-

Martinez

Cash                 Chambers          Mings             Digne

Kamara                   Luiz

Bailey                           Buendia                   Coutinho

Ings

That is not a bottom half team.

Perfect imo that’s exactly how we should set up… but these guys in charge haven't got a f**king clue and cant drop a certain ‘magnificent seven’ it bloody annoys me… need someone new to come in for that reason alone… he’s looking at something every week and thinking its okay.

No. Otherwise they would have just sacked him. I don’t think any person would agree to that and not leave immediately with their payoff in hand. Imagine if your place of work did that to you? Would you just say fine and stick around? 

An everyday 9-5 office job is not at all comparable to being a Premier League manager.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm guessing that Pochettino story from that unverified no name account is pure bullshit.

Gerrard is safe, especially if Purslow is safe.

Well Lyric is either the greatest gambler of all time or he actually knows stuff because he’s gotten plenty right already, like the whole Sarr saga. Was the first to put out that it was falling through because of Sarr.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well Lyric is either the greatest gambler of all time or he actually knows stuff because he’s gotten plenty right already, like the whole Sarr saga. Was the first to put out that it was falling through because of Sarr.

Kamara very early on as well? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO.Instead of hiring a manager "that has NEVER been there" like SB,SG,DS.We need a manager that has been there and done that,someone that has actually taken a team into europe.How much money have the owners spent on players,severence pay and new managers over the last 4/5 years ? Surely it would be better ( and probably cheaper ) to hire a manager with a proven track record and support him in the transfer market etc,etc than to hire another 3 managers over 4/5 seasons that are all going to do the exact same as DS,SB,SG,etc etc etc 

In that case would probably look at, apart from Pochettino, spanish managers like Emery or Lopetegui. Spanish managers often do well in Europe. (They would have to get there first of course)

• Like 1