Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

What the next manager at Villa will inherit is a brilliant training ground and infrastructure of coaches across the age groups. 

Theres no work to be done anywhere other than on the training pitch and in the transfer market. 

That is a dream position for a great coach to be in. 

Have you seen the state of the Newcastle training ground. And their infrastructure. Miles behind ours. Miles. 

So on paper we should be an extremely attractive proposition . 

But we will not get Potter mid season. So we will have to look outside of the Prem .  The only one that we might get would be Rodgers based on the lack of investment. But because of Gerrard and Rodgers relationship and also his close relationship to the Leicester owners i think he will owe it to them to get them through this tough financial time they are going through. 

So i really do not know where we go to get a manager. Proven successful prem experienced managers out of a job are rare . Many managers get found out. Even Ancelotti struggled. 

Not much help i know ( especially as i have zero knowledge of european managers ) but it might not be as easy as hoped 

Mid season is 19 games. We’ve played 4. Again, this is NOT mid season. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What’s peoples opinion on Hassenhutl? 

Not for me. Southampton are a bit of a nothing club and he hasn’t really pulled up any trees has he? They’ve also took some right hammerings.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

If we are well beaten Wednesday and Saturday, and unfortunately i suspect we will be - I think that’s that for him then. 

I think the benchmark has been set at prolonged results yielding about a point per game followed by 5 losses results in a change of manager

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

If Brighton were contacted by Villa looking for permission to speak to Potter, do you think he would ask to be let do so ? All under the provisio of course that Gerrard is gone. It’s not a Villa fan arrogance thing, but id find it hard to think Potter wouldn’t at least want to hear us out. 

I think that depends on his contract. If he has an 'exit clause' then we will be allowed to talk, if not I would say we would be given the 2 fingers

25 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Poch with no compensation to pay is surely a really attractive proposition for the club right now. I do hope he’s a serious consideration?

Absolutely, and you’d imagine he’s not going to stay available for long. Not saying he’d necessarily be interested in us, but opportunities like this don’t come along too often. We should be doing whatever it takes to convince him. It will cost, for sure, but the current path of self-destruction will also prove extremely costly unless drastic action is taken. Imagine what Poch could achieve with some of our under-achieving / under-utilised / misused South American talent? 

• Like 1

I think the lads at Claret & Blue Podcast put well when they questioned why Potter would risk his career at Villa?

Also, they reminded me he had a pop at Brighton fans booing a while back. Not a fan of boing fans apparently. 😅

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

Absolutely, and you’d imagine he’s not going to stay available for long. Not saying he’d necessarily be interested in us, but opportunities like this don’t come along too often. We should be doing whatever it takes to convince him. It will cost, for sure, but the current path of self-destruction will also prove extremely costly unless drastic action is taken. Imagine what Poch could achieve with some of our under-achieving / under-utilised / misused South American talent? 

The man can expect offers from some of the world's top clubs. He is most likely in nor rush.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think he would. Sky 6 dont hire British coaches and Newcastle will want a name when dispose of Howe in a couple of seasons

Us or Everton is as back as it will get but not sure he would move mid season

The top 6 do employ British coaches, the problem is that there are very few around recently to warrant consideration. Alex Fergusson, David Moyes and Brendan Rodgers?? 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think that depends on his contract. If he has an 'exit clause' then we will be allowed to talk, if not I would say we would be given the 2 fingers

I think Brighton will save on fingers and only give us one.

• Haha 1