Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

13A5E98D-3ADB-439C-9BC5-F830D95BAAE8.jpeg.e96710fe6e9b2b72172bde324224b1e3.jpeg

Dont know how in the know this guy is plus does he mean Villa are waiting to see what Leicester do to see if Rodgers becomes available?

This guy is a fake Journalist. Look at this tweets. 

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Dont know how in the know this guy is plus does he mean Villa are waiting to see what Leicester do to see if Rodgers becomes available?

That guy comes off like he just reads these forums and speculates with the rest of us lol

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

A straight swap would be interesting. A unique opportunity for little Leicester to get their hands on a real football legend. Imagine the players SG could attract to their squad.

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure that Potter is a Villa fan, he's spoken about how all his childhood friends are Villa fans and has said that the first team he was interested in was the Villa team that won the European Cup. He has mentioned having an affinity with small heath as well, but that's because he played for them. I think there's even a photo at his home of him as a child sitting in the European Cup Trophy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure that Potter is a Villa fan, he's spoken about how all his childhood friends are Villa fans and has said that the first team he was interested in was the Villa team that won the European Cup. He has mentioned having an affinity with small heath as well, but that's because he played for them. I think there's even a photo at his home of him as a child sitting in the European Cup Trophy.

Andrew Pardew GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think he would take some convincing. He chose Swansea because it was an interesting project. Brighton are very progressive. Owner as rich as ours ( Tony Bloom is minted ) Purslow has an overly inflated ego, not sure Potter could work with him. 

18 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s a guy with an AI generated face, it’s a child trying to stir shit

I think Villa has a brighter future than Brighton, Brighton are this era's version of Swansea and Southampton, they too were hailed as brilliant clubs with forward thinking models showing others the way it should be done, but they faded into midtable at best, and I think the same too will happen to Brighton, if Potter has any sense if we offer him the job he should take it whilst his stock is high.

Just now, a m ole said:

It’s a guy with an AI generated face, it’s a child trying to stir shit

It's interesting how easy it is to spot the thispersondoesnotexist.com avatars. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think he would take some convincing. He chose Swansea because it was an interesting project. Brighton are very progressive. Owner as rich as ours ( Tony Bloom is minted ) Purslow has an overly inflated ego, not sure Potter could work with him. 

Pretty sure Brighton’s owner is worth £1.3b and ours combined are around £13b (?).

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Potter- "Most of my friends are Villa fans." he said.

"The first team I actually started to get interested in was the Aston Villa side that won the European Cup.

"Most supporters will tell you, 'hang on, you can't be Birmingham and Aston Villa, you've got to be one or the other', but I think I pretty much was – I have to be diplomatic as I'm from Birmingham."

Potter explained that a chance meeting with a pair of Villa's 1982 European Cup winners steered him towards the club during his formative years.

"This is a story that shows how times have changed, because the European Cup winners brought the European Cup to my dad's working men's club," he said.

"And there's a photo at home of my brother actually sat in the cup.

"I think Ken McNaught and Peter Withe came to the Shirley British Legion! I don't think you'd get that these days, would you?

"After that I was interested in Aston Villa. They had players like Gary Shaw and Tony Morley.

It Is Happening GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Welcome to the Club Potter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1