Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Wayne Rooney is a better coach/manager than Gerrard. The job he did at Derby under those circumstances was very good. Obviously they went down but he very nearly kept them up. 

This is the type of education Gerrard needs. These big names need to slum it out in the lower leagues with financial constraints and then develop the youngsters.

Villa is dream job outside the unrestricted top 6 and Newcastle with their money.

Hence Sampaoli/Pochettino/Gallardo would be perfect.

It's also where Lampard was shown to be pretty poor despite having more or less a premier league standard first 11 at Derby. Yet walked into a job at Chelsea (and failed....).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Would we wait until pretty much January? Denmark could easily get to quarter finals so he wouldn't be available and would basically be pushed straight into league games without much training.

Perhaps he'll manage us one day but would prefer getting in manager in who can drill his methods into 3/4 of squad while world cup is on.

Absolutely, I agree. I only mentioned Hjulmand because he apparently was a candidate when Smith was sacked (I suppose Lange knows Hjulmand).

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I cant disagree sadly.

It’s sad because I was looking forward to the Danks appointment as he’s done some good work with England U20’s and they played exciting footy. 

He was at the blosers though Agent Danks????

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Absolutely, I agree. I only mentioned Hjulmand because he apparently was a candidate when Smith was sacked (I suppose Lange knows Hjulmand).

I honestly think Lange would push for someone like Thomas Frank. If people are claiming Potter will just walk out of Brighton when we click our fingers surely same will apply to Frank given Brentford are far more likely to go down from prem eventually.

Would be interesting to see him work outside their system. Sure DS would put in a good reference for him if we ask him for opinion given Frank was his number 2 for 12 months before he took them over.

Might get Konsa and Watkins going again aswell.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Apart from us who still have to pay Gerrard £10m-£15m in compo.

Also doubt they will let him go without a fee.

Do you know if thats acfually the compensation? I swear he signed a 3 year deal and been here almost a year already so only be 2 years compo

• Like 1

I wouldn't particularly want Potter and would want Frank even less, I think we have to move away from bringing in mangers that have done well or in Potter's case suposedly done well at lesser clubs, as that's what we've been doing since O'Neill left, and it hasn't worked. If we were to go down that route I'd rather Cooper than Potter or Frank. But I think we need to stop messing about and just go for a proven as possible manager, wether that be Rodgesr, Pochettino or someone else of a similar standing.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Do you know if thats acfually the compensation? I swear he signed a 3 year deal and been here almost a year already so only be 2 years compo

No just guessing. £5m a year contract. No idea how it's written.

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It's also where Lampard was shown to be pretty poor despite having more or less a premier league standard first 11 at Derby. Yet walked into a job at Chelsea (and failed....).

Can’t compare the environment Rooney had to work in at Derby to the one Lampard had. Rooney didn’t get players the calibre of Mount and Tomori. He’s more bottle in his little finger than Gerrard and Lampard. They’ve had the silver spoon treatment in management since they started. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah I thought it was a 3 year deal and when compo is generally paid I’m sure it’s an agreed figure which is generally a significant portion of the full contract but not the full amount, so I’m guessing it would probably be £5-8m

20 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Eventually, but why bother binning Cutler, Danks & McPhee now? The new manager can decide whether to bin or keep em.

Cutler can stay. The other two should have their access cards deactivated immediately 

18 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair we’ve been crap ever since Danks and mcphee have come in.

I was thinking that. I'd bin them both. Always thought too, if we need a set piece coach the main coach knows next to  **** all!

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

There’s a strong tradition of british managers at the club but I believe some foreign influence could be good at this point.

Bundesliga would seem an obvious place to look considering how successful many german managers have been the last decade. 

I agree that there's definitely plenty of talent there, but Rodgers all but guarantees us PL survival I reckon. I'd even go with Hassenhutl (Austrian I know...) to reduce the risk. Any newcomer to the PL comes with risk.

24 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

No chance he gets to Christmas on present form. He will be lucky to survive the first international break in September, as the fans are already turning on him. 

If he gets positive results and performances they’ll keep him … Not saying they should stick with him, just don’t think they be thinking of sacking him before the window has closed and then give him 8/10 games