Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Potter would be a dream but he would never leave Brighton now.

Poch could take the job as a stop-gap if he’s feeling bored, but would be highly likely to leave as soon as a bigger club calls.

That would be perfect, get Pochettino first, he get us into top six and moves on. Then we should be able to get Potter.

I literlaly do not understand WHY we appointed gerrard if the stubborn fool refuses to play wingers when our team plays best WITH width. Its not rocket science.

Purslow cocked this appointment up but the quicker they act the quicker we can savage our season. Has to ensure the next appointment is right or his necks on the line.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Got us to an FA Cup final. Figured out how to get the best out of our best players (Benteke, Delph). Even got a tune out of N'Zogbia. Recognized and brought through Grealish etc. He had some stuff going for him, the madman.

I think he was the victim of the club trying moneyball and there was an obvious split between him and those making the player signings. As mad as a box of tricks as he was, he'd definitely have us performing better that this fraud.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

All this talk of Potter is a waste of time. He's in his ascension now, why take a backwards step to come to Villa. 

He's at Brighton ffs. Unless he has no ambition he isn't staying there and the clubs above aren't going to take a chance on him when they can spend big money on a manager. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

He's at Brighton ffs. Unless he has no ambition he isn't staying there and the clubs above aren't going to take a chance on him when they can spend big money on a manager. 

Let's take the claret and blue glasses off. Both teams play in PL. One is better than the other. 

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Let's take the claret and blue glasses off. Both teams play in PL. One is better than the other. 

I haven't got claret and blue specs on but if you think that Potter is out of our reach because hes at a massive club like Brighton, fair play to you. 

The only way Potter is out of reach is if he has no ambition. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Because it seems Brighton is a much better footballing team. 

Brighton are a better football team because they have Potter and we have Gerrard.  They are not a bigger club, they don’t have better players, and whilst they are a well run club their ceiling is lower than our own. 

I know we’re all depressed after another rubbish performance, but anyone who thinks Potter would turn us down to remain at Brighton is nuts. 

Edited by av1

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

A team he has built that are sitting 4th and playing attractive football. Who knows what they'll achieve this year but it will be more than Villa. 

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I haven't got claret and blue specs on but if you think that Potter is out of our reach because hes at a massive club like Brighton, fair play to you. 

The only way Potter is out of reach is if he has no ambition. 

We've been crap for 12 years apart from an unbeaten run in the championship 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want us to up our manager standards. Gerrard was a calculated risk and it didnt work out. We need a proven top level manager who knows what they are doing.

I would have Poch for that reason. I really respect Potter, I am just terrified of another up and coming young British manager messed up by the weight of Aston Villa.

I would like to see proven at the top level if we can afford it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know we’re all depressed after another rubbish performance, but anyone who thinks Potter would turn us down to remain at Brighton is nuts. 

I’m quite sure he’s had other offers before and turned those down, even during summer when leaving would have been easier. Leaving Brighton right now would be stupid and he won’t do it.

The Potter ship has sailed, when he does move it will be for a CL club or the England job.

10 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

A team he has built that are sitting 4th and playing attractive football. Who knows what they'll achieve this year but it will be more than Villa. 

We were sitting in the same position under Smith 2 years ago with a shit team. Brighton are not finishing 4th or in European places and they probably will finish higher but it wont be because they're a bigger club or have better resources. Has Potter reached the pinnacle of his ambition at Brighton, is that what your suggesting? Or are you suggesting he wouldn't leave to move to a bigger club unless they are above Brighton in the table? 

He's built a team that play decent football, whilst having to sell their best players. It's all very admirable. However, if a bigger club comes along and throws cash about and the opportunity to sign who you want, not have to sell and build something with a higher ceiling than Brighton, he's gone. 

Edited by avfc1982am

21 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

So a club that’s on a massive upward trajectory…. Right.