Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Definitely, he really personifies the club. I believe he’s also the highest paid manager in Europe, well ahead of Guardiola. Earns something like €40m per year.

Yeah he's on crazy money and has been for quite a lot of years. Good for him, guess you can say he's been worth it tbf.

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

A bad loss today (i.e. 3-0,  4-1) and SG will be gone. Bournemouth's form since beating us will loom large. 

West Ham haven't scored yet.

For them to beat us 3 or 4 nil would be pretty damning.

I’d take a rain check on Potter for now if I’m honest. See if the recent upturn in his career is more longer term compared to his previous seasons. 

Cooper would be a good choice for me but I’m not sure he would leave Forest for us so soon. 

Poch is a pipe dream.

Rogers is standard but his methods and antics are somewhat bizarre at times and he is a bit of a David Brent type. Im not saying I wouldn’t take him but I’d be very very cautious about him. 

Cooper for me personally but as stated, I don’t think he’d come. 

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’d take a rain check on Potter for now if I’m honest. See if the recent upturn in his career is more longer term compared to his previous seasons. 

Cooper would be a good choice for me but I’m not sure he would leave Forest for us so soon. 

Poch is a pipe dream.

Rogers is standard but his methods and antics are somewhat bizarre at times and he is a bit of a David Brent type. Im not saying I wouldn’t take him but I’d be very very cautious about him. 

Cooper is in a difficult situation now though with that mafioso owner signing players like there’s no tomorrow. Unless he can get everyone to click he’ll be under huge pressure from the Greek, and could very well be sacked in November.

I like Cooper but he remains unproven at the highest level.

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We haven't had a manger go on to do something better than us since Taylor with england 32 years ago

I genuinely don't know a villa manager that left us because he was poached by a "bigger" club team 

At least we now seem like a graveyard rather than a retirement home 

We have hired some real rubbish, so no wonder most of them haven’t gone on to better thing. I would stay we have extended the career of some manager, when their career should be dead and buried way before they come here. If we stop hiring manager that are so bad that nobody else is going to hire them, we would no longer be a manager graveyard.

Hopefully Pochettino will be our next manager, I’m sure he would move on to something better, unless he stay here for 10-20 years.

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I genuinely believe Purslow will hold out longer than normal - even if we lose the next 3 heavily

Me too. The club has a huge amount of money invested in Gerrard and his staff and Purslow also has a bit of prestige and perhaps friendship invested.

Don't think they will risk the future of the club or anything but I expect them to give Gerrard more time than they would someone else.

16 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Poch is a pipe dream.

Recent upturn? Granted he’s gone from doing a good job with Brighton to having them 3rd and looking like one of the most comfortable in possession sides in the league which likely won’t last forever but you make it sound like he wasn’t doing well before they look incredible. Success is relative to what you’re working with.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Potter finished 9th with them last season in a 38 game season. He currently join 2nd with them in a 4 game season. He's managing a seaside resort footballl club not bloody Real Madrid

Rain check?? What are you onabout???? 

Edited by messi11

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Potter finished 9th with them last season in a 38 game season. He currently join 2nd with them in a 4 game season. He's managing a seaside resort footballl club not bloody Real Madrid

What are you onabout???? 

Why are your responses always so loaded? Chill out man.

I’m not completely opposed to Potter, just something tells me it’s clicked at Brighton that’s all. I’d be wary of a right manager right club right time type situation. Like Lambert at Norwich. Then he came to us. 

Edited by Ingram85

21 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I genuinely believe Purslow will hold out longer than normal - even if we lose the next 3 heavily

I believe that as well. Everyone keeps saying Purslow’s ruthless and I’m sure he is, but he also seems to care a lot about his own reputation. Sacking SG now would mean admitting a big mistake.

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m not completely opposed to Potter, just something tells me it’s clicked at Brighton that’s all. I’d be wary of a right manager right club right time type situation. Like Lambert at Norwich. Then he came to us. 

You could say that about anyone. Potter was very highly regarded before he joined Brighton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Do you know why Brighton appointed him as manager? 

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Poch is a pipe dream.

Lambert 2.0 vibes from him for me at the moment