Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Micheal Beale has apparently said on radio show talksport that he's been in discussions with Gerrard about loaning in a few of our youngsters. I guess Iroegbunam would likely be one of them.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

In the good old days that meant you had about 4 or 5 days lefty before u got the boot

Well,Sg has not improved the team one little bit and when you take into consideration the money he has spent,the players he has bought and the time he has had in the job.I cant see improvement on thr horizon ?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think a club sacking 2 managers in 12 months is one on an upward trajectory. 

What clubs have sacked 2 managers in the space of 12 months? Spurs & Watford are the ones that spring to mind. Spurs are showing the ambition to not just compete in the PL but to try and win the Champions League and Premier League and to become a dominant force in world football. Watford, for all the crazy churn of managers, cannot be denied that they are very ambitious to establish themselves in the PL. I think both are showing upward trajectory. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think off the pitch we have a lot going for us yes. I'm still not sure I currently class us as a club on an upwards trajectory. 

On what basis? What more could we do to show we are on an upward trajectory? I am at a loss as to what we can do to demonstrate that other than sacking Gerrard and getting a higher profile manager in

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said elsewhere I actually think us and Leicester are perfect for poch because he's actually overrated... We are his level, he's not a top table manager he's a CL challenge manager 

But the media and himself won't see it that way 

I'm not sure you could classify a manager who consistently finished in the top 4 and actually got to a CL final as a 'CL challenge manager' whatever that is.

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,Sg has not improved the team one little bit and when you take into consideration the money he has spent,the players he has bought and the time he has had in the job.I cant see improvement on thr horizon ?!

It is looking like SG is walking on much thinner ice this season compared to last season. He got the backing and he has had time with the players. He really needs to start putting in some commanding performances on the pitch. I am sure there are many managers out there making sure their CV is up to date as the Villa job is a sought after one. There are probably only about 6 other jobs in English football that could offer better than what Villa is offering a new manager in terms of support and facilities. The vultures will start circling and the agents will start contacting Villa.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm not sure you could classify a manager who consistently finished in the top 4 and actually got to a CL final as a 'CL challenge manager' whatever that is.

Where did he pick spurs up from? 

I think he pushed them over the line and then kept them there, that's what his kind of level is

I don't think he was good enough for PSG or good enough for Chelsea, Real Madrid, bayern etc real top table clubs 

If utd want to get back in the CL then get him, if they want to go on to being back as the biggest club in the country winning the league etc etc I don't think poch is that man 

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What clubs have sacked 2 managers in the space of 12 months? Spurs & Watford are the ones that spring to mind. Spurs are showing the ambition to not just compete in the PL but to try and win the Champions League and Premier League and to become a dominant force in world football. Watford, for all the crazy churn of managers, cannot be denied that they are very ambitious to establish themselves in the PL. I think both are showing upward trajectory. 

I don't think ambition is upwards trajectory. When spurs sacked Nuno they weren't on an upward trajectory, it was heading down, hence the sacking. 

Watford were relegated, I guess you could argue from that point they are but dropping down to the championship is hardly a club on an upwards trajectory. 

It doesn't mean we can't change that trajectory with the right manager but that's not the case right now. 

As I see it, the problem with waiting until the WC break is by then we may be in the bottom three and less attractive for a "big name" manager to want to risk his reputation in trying to keep us up.

I really cannot see us getting more than 1 point out of wet spam, arse and man c$ty, therefore we should part company with him at the end of the man c$ty game...unless we beat all three then Gerrard will be safe 😀 and have my whole hearted support ...!

Derek

1 hour ago, daft said:

Tbh, anyone that thinks we'll sack him now is pretty daft. It just won't happen. Not yet. I think they'll give him the season unless we truly get into the shit end of the table.

So you think we’ll sack him shortly then @daft? 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's the hope. 

A bottom of the table West Ham already feels like a must win, not just a must win but also a much better performance required. Go a goal down on Sunday and it could get a bit messy. Will be hilarious on here anyway 

Rodgers is a slimy toad.

Obviously a better manager than Gerrard.

On evidence, you'd have to say a better one than Dean Smith as well, but he doesn't feel like a surefire thing to me. Getting him 12 months ago would have felt a big coup.

A year out and I'd feel better with him than getting him straight from a rotten 18 months at Leicester. He needs a break.

He also hates working under a transfer policy and blows money on bad signings he sees on MOTD. Benteke and Perez always stick out in my head. Neither made sense at the time. I think it contributed strongly to Liverpool biffing him.

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think ambition is upwards trajectory. When spurs sacked Nuno they weren't on an upward trajectory, it was heading down, hence the sacking. 

Watford were relegated, I guess you could argue from that point they are but dropping down to the championship is hardly a club on an upwards trajectory. 

It doesn't mean we can't change that trajectory with the right manager but that's not the case right now. 

We are talking about the club being on an upward trajectory and not the league position. They are very different things. Attracting the right manager requires the club to be on an upward trajectory and generally speaking, requires the league position to be on a downward trajectory, otherwise why would a club be looking for a new manager. Yes, u can have managers leave for pastures greener but in general it will be when a club is doing badly that they replace a manager.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Rodgers is a slimy toad.

Obviously a better manager than Gerrard.

On evidence, you'd have to say a better one than Dean Smith as well, but he doesn't feel like a surefire thing to me. Getting him 12 months ago would have felt a big coup.

A year out and I'd feel better with him than getting him straight from a rotten 18 months at Leicester. He needs a break.

He also hates working under a transfer policy and blows money on bad signings he sees on MOTD. Benteke and Perez always stick out in my head. Neither made sense at the time. I think it contributed strongly to Liverpool biffing him.

It was the Balloteli signing that finished him off but I’m not sure how much he was involved in that. I’m sure there were rumours he didn’t want him. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Gerrard is sacked the job must be appealing for a lot of managers. It’s a decent squad and there’s owns that are willing to spend. 

It's an easy act to follow tbf. All you have to be is more likeable than pancreatic cancer and not completely incompetent as a football manager.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1