Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Deano got until the international break last season so makes sense that they will give Gerrard until then too before making a change

Hadn't we beaten Utd, Newcastle and Everton in our first six? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is there an international break this season like there was last season? I assumed that it was cancelled as we were finishing for the WC in mid Nov but I suppose there maybe more waste of time friendlies

There is a short break in late September.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I can't see how Leicester could attract Poch. He will want a club on an upward trajectory and he will also expect a large transfer kitty imo. Leicester can offer neither of these

I would say Leicester have a higher reputation than we do right now... 

15 minutes ago, daft said:

Tbh, anyone that thinks we'll sack him now is pretty daft. It just won't happen. Not yet. I think they'll give him the season unless we truly get into the shit end of the table.

Problem is by then it will be too late...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I can't see how Leicester could attract Poch. He will want a club on an upward trajectory and he will also expect a large transfer kitty imo. Leicester can offer neither of these

That rules us out then.

IMO neither us or Leicester are good enough to attract Poch, he will wait for United or Chelsea jobs to become available.

• Like 1

As he will be given time, it’ll ensure that SG’s reputation is in tatters after we eventually fire him. I just worry about our position. 

I think we all know that managing Villa’s senior men’s team will be the peak of his career. He won’t go into punditry. He’ll be coaching the Liverpool U21 team by the end of next year (invited back by one of his pals). He’ll do an interview in their official YT channel that’ll make us mad saying he’s home. Then he’ll bounce around the FA system before ending up involved in the England U18 setup. 

Nevertheless, we need some direction: need to establish the sort of club we want to be rather than moving from one type of manager (DS) to another wholly different in style and personality (SG). Otherwise, we will just keep devaluing our group of players with each new manager.  

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

There is a short break in late September.

Thx, that is probably only 4 or 5 games away, that may be a few too little to let SG prove himself, maybe he has till WC break. The WC break would be a perfect time to bring in a new manager as it would give him a good bit of time with. most of the squad and he could have a mini pre season

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That rules us out then.

IMO neither us or Leicester are good enough to attract Poch, he will wait for United or Chelsea jobs to become available.

Said elsewhere I actually think us and Leicester are perfect for poch because he's actually overrated... We are his level, he's not a top table manager he's a CL challenge manager 

But the media and himself won't see it that way 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That rules us out then.

Why would u say we are not on an upward trajectory? We have come up from the Champoionship, established ourselves in the PL and we are investing in every single aspect of the club. What else could we possibly do to show we are on an upward trajectory? Bear in mind, the only reason we would be talking to Poch is if we are sacking our current manager. That means we would not be performing onb the field and would also show the ambition of the club as it would show believe we should be doing better

• Confused 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Maybe reputation wise but money and ambition wise I would say we are clear leaders

Don't disagree

But I think the former is an easier metric to measure than the latter and football leans heavier towards the Billy big bollocks side of it which says Leicester played in Europe last year adn we didn't, they've won the PL and an FA Cup  in recent memory and we haven't, they are a bigger club than us within football right now - not to fans but to footballers and managers, both could be swayed by money but in a straight shoot out I'm not sure we are more attractive than Leicester 

I'm sure if he spoke to Leicester they wouldn't say there's no money and we need you to put the brakes on our slide 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree

But I think the former is an easier metric to measure than the latter and football leans heavier towards the Billy big bollocks side of it which says Leicester played in Europe last year adn we didn't, they've won the PL and an FA Cup  in recent memory and we haven't, they are a bigger club than us within football right now - not to fans but to footballers and managers, both could be swayed by money but in a straight shoot out I'm not sure we are more attractive than Leicester 

I'm sure if he spoke to Leicester they wouldn't say there's no money and we need you to put the brakes on our slide 

I'm not sure we can say ambition wise we are well ahead of Leicester. I don't think there's anything to base that on. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Looks like a new manager might not be on the cards, yet

Looks like the dreaded vote of confidence to me. Which usually means they're thinking about replacements. At least, that's what i hope is happening. 

Edited by PieFacE