Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Id be gutted if Leicester got poch 

Looks like they are gonna pull the trigger before anyone else.  

I had a look at one of their forums, they have a similar thread to this and it's all the same names being thrown about.

I can see us going for Rodgers now, if/when we do sack Gerrard.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As talk of Rodgers leaving gathers pace, Poch is the bookies favourite.

I'd be quite happy with Rodgers, but if Leicester get Poch we'll have missed a trick

The race is on. The club with the quickest owners wins the big prize.

Leicester unlikely to get Pochettinio if they've got no money to give him to spend, Rodgers isn't responsible for their transfers so this idea that they're not spending because of him doesn't ring true, if he was responsible for transfer and they didn't trust him to spend the money then they would have sacked him before the season had even begun.

Also I don't think they've been spending on the women's team either relative to what would have been expected of them in order to kick on in the WSL they and Reading are probably the two teams that could struggle the most this season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Only one reason:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the one reason I don’t buy into. Personally it’s similar to Lampard, in that they were both highly ambitious driven players and it’s thought that they would translate that as a coach. Gerrard at least had some success at Rangers whereas Lampard has nothing. 

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

This is the one reason I don’t buy into. Personally it’s similar to Lampard, in that they were both highly ambitious driven players and it’s thought that they would translate that as a coach. Gerrard at least had some success at Rangers whereas Lampard has nothing. 

I’d say a top for 4 finish in the premier league is more than winning 1 cup in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Looks like a new manager might not be on the cards, yet

Tbh, anyone that thinks we'll sack him now is pretty daft. It just won't happen. Not yet. I think they'll give him the season unless we truly get into the shit end of the table.

52 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

I’d say a top for 4 finish in the premier league is more than winning 1 cup in Scotland.

Top 4 with Chelsea or winning the league with Rangers 

Neither of them are massive achievements really 

Lampard finally being the guy who brought through Chelseas youngsters is probably worth something though even if they did go scattergun with the cash afterwards 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

A lot of calls on the Leicester forum for Dyche

They're welcome to have him. Dyche has showed he can set up a team of low budget players to defend in a low block. Some have wondered how good he could be at a club with money, and my guess is he'd set up the team just like Burnley. He's never really made a team play anything other than long balls. Taking a chance on him being good at coaching more attacking football would be a gamble. Our current squad isn't really suited to Dyche ball either unless you think players like Coutinho and Bailey are strong in the air.

Villa fans would hate it after a couple of games. The players would hate it too and leave as soon as possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

Deano got until the international break last season so makes sense that they will give Gerrard until then too before making a change

Is there an international break this season like there was last season? I assumed that it was cancelled as we were finishing for the WC in mid Nov but I suppose there maybe more waste of time friendlies