Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, daft said:

Yes, but my point was that people want a manager that pushes us even further. It's extremely difficult even with one of the best managers in the world unless you give it time. If we get Poch or Potter next week, would 10th be acceptable next season among the majority or regarded as a failure you think?

People give time if see progress its what we dont see now at all

Paul Lambert got time as we ended first season well

Just now, Zatman said:

People give time if see progress its what we dont see now at all

Paul Lambert got time as we ended first season well

True, but I think we have a personell issue as well. This is a paper squad until proven otherwise. Also, our level of strength seems atrocious. That'll take a while to fix. We get bullied.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think it is. There isnt many big jobs for him.none of the top 6 are changing manager soon and that includes utd.

Maybe leicester but between both clubs at the mo there is not much difference  only that we have more ambitious owners 

Think aswell Poch would relish building a club up again as he did at Spurs as didn't seem to me he really enjoyed managing all the egos at PSG.

End of the day under NSWE we've given the managers employed under them very healthy budgets so I don't see why managers wouldn't be interested if we timed the decision.

Rodgers would certainly fancy it given it's fizzling out for him at Leicester.

I wouldn’t mind Rodgers. Does seem to be getting a bit hairy for him at Leicester however the well seems to of dried up there , the bloke he took it over from his dad isn’t spending anywhere near what they used to. Rodgers is an excellent coach. Don’t think he’s best pleased about the whole Fofana thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daft said:

I am watching BOU-ARS and I am convinced Arsenal is playing with 14 midfielders. It's just empty space when we play, isn't it?

They do this weird thing where they use their legs and move. Witchcraft. 

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

We only have Kamara that plays with positional discipline.

Luiz or eventually Iroegbunam can play there with Kamara like they have Partey and Xhaka. Ramsey or even Buendia can play the role of Odegaard. They have a trickier pacey forward in Martinelli like Bailey and a more inside forward in Saka that could be occupied by Buendia or Coutinho. Jesus isn’t exactly a target man, but great at running channels like Watkins.

what they’re doing should be our starting point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Luiz or eventually Iroegbunam can play there with Kamara like they have Partey and Xhaka. Ramsey or even Buendia can play the role of Odegaard. They have a trickier pacey forward in Martinelli like Bailey and a more inside forward in Saka that could be occupied by Buendia or Coutinho. Jesus isn’t exactly a target man, but great at running channels like Watkins.

what they’re doing should be our starting point.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the Arsenal starting line up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daft said:

True, but I think we have a personell issue as well. This is a paper squad until proven otherwise. Also, our level of strength seems atrocious. That'll take a while to fix. We get bullied.

Agreed, this has been clear for so long as well.

Viera has built a team of athletic machines.

We get bullied by most teams.

The only time we offsett this is when we play quick, and actually pass to team mates.

Unfortunately, for the longest time, this hasn't been the case.

In fairness, not only under this Manager either.

Playing one holding midfielder away from home is stupid anyway. And it's not even something that is modern. Brian Little always player two away from home then more attacking midfield lineup at home. Yet Gerrard continues to not player a second combative midfielder away from home.

Out of his depth.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed, this has been clear for so long as well.

Viera has built a team of athletic machines.

We get bullied by most teams.

The only time we offsett this is when we play quick, and actually pass to team mates.

Unfortunately, for the longest time, this hasn't been the case.

In fairness, not only under this Manager either.

Yeah, something smells here, and it isn't just SG. What has the club done in terms of staff, recruitment procedures and facilitating a proper club philosophy? 

I'm worried. If we go down again, I'm not entirely convinced we'd be back in a hurry.

It's fascinating to see the same problems from 10 years ago continue to hinder us. 

Porous midfield. Scattershot defending. Terrible from set pieces both sides of the ball. No accountability. Weak mentality. Can't hold a lead. No identity. No discernable plan week to week. Repetitive coaching mistakes. Rigid team selection. Hoof ball. Low energy. Not enough size, strength or athleticism in the side. 

Maddening. 

• Like 1