Pre match thread

bielesibub

Watkins has had terrible ball control for a while now and his crossing and passing has been comical. You never know, he has shown better quality in previous years but the Watkins we've seen most games is not someone you want to have the ball at his feet more than bare minimum. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Watkins has had terrible ball control for a while now and his crossing and passing has been comical. You never know, he has shown better quality in previous years but the Watkins we've seen most games is not someone you want to have the ball at his feet more than bare minimum. 

Watkins is a player who benefitted from no fans in the ground.

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Please stop doing this.

Makes it seem as if there are people who support Gerrard more than the club, or that there are many if any " Gerrard supporters " in the first place.

Most people opinions are based on what they think is best for the club IMO

Whether they are wrong or right is another issue.

But hate the " Us Vs Them " split.

I never want us to lose regardless. I'd always rather a limp win or point. I highly doubt the board are taking things on a game by game basis, regardless of what we think.

I think you’re reading too much into me writing those two words.

I was not saying that people support Gerrard more than the club, and there is no us vs. them mentality as we are all supporters of Aston Villa.

There are however people who support both Villa and Gerrard, and I’m not one of them.

But, I don’t think it’s necessary for me to label people Gerrard supporters who support the club and non-Gerrard supporters who support the club as the fact that we all support the club should be a given.

• Like 2

Lineup seems alright for this game - we're obviously sitting back and playing more directly (we play long balls anyway) so hopefully the front three can fashion some chances.  At least Watkins is likely to have some support this game.