Weekends Football 7/9 October

andykeenan

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Corrupt!

Only just saw this one, wtaf.

VAR is worse than useless. I'd rather just have erroneous on the pitch calls that add this extra layer of obscurity and incompetence on top of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

VAR is worse than useless. I'd rather just have erroneous on the pitch calls that add this extra layer of obscurity and incompetence on top of it. 

And then this gets given. Jesus Christ.

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It’s the standard. Stonewall pen not given first half. Pretty soft one given second half. 

The refs decide the result again! 

• Like 2

VAR ridiculous and some of the decisions on that game a joke. Shame both teams always seem to get the decisions and cry when things go wrong. Can’t stand Arteta, but to be fair, he has assembled a quality team. Arsenal have looked outstanding all season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The right team won at least.

VAR have got maybe four or five wrong in that game - it's a joke.

The better team won. With more typical penalty decisions, that's 3-2 the other way though. Absolute farce of an officiating display. VAR is indistinguishable from match fixing.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Salah's new contract is looking like a disaster.

You didn't need to be Nostradamus to predict it either :D 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

You didn't need to be Nostradamus to predict it either :D 

I don't really see this.  He was the league's top scorer last season - where was the "incredibly obvious" sign that he was going to flop?

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't really see this.  He was the league's top scorer last season - where was the "incredibly obvious" sign that he was going to flop?

He's 30 and isn't going to improve. He's undoubtedly going to decline during the new contract term, so why pay him more than ever before? Makes no sense. Unusual for Liverpool as they are usually smarter than that. 

Arsenal got financially bummed with Ozil, Willian and Auba on similar deals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He's 30 and isn't going to improve. He's undoubtedly going to decline during the new contract term, so why pay him more than ever before? Makes no sense. Unusual for Liverpool as they are usually smarter than that. 

Arsenal got financially bummed with Ozil, Willian and Auba on similar deals. 

World of difference between Ozil/Willian and Salah (haven't included Aubameyang because I don't think that was the same - he didn't decline as such).

Salah's contract is 3 years, taking him to 33 years old.  That's basically the remaining "peak" years as a footballer and Liverpool wanted to tie him down for that time.  It makes a lot of sense IMO, although he just hasn't hit the ground running this season at all.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â