Weekends Football 7/9 October

andykeenan

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely - James backed up by Trippier is enough right backs for the squad.

Wouldn't shock me if Ben White made the squad, playing every week there for Arsenal now and can fill in at CB so perfect squad tournament player.

Trippier will of course be LB cover...

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't shock me if Ben White made the squad, playing every week there for Arsenal now and can fill in at CB so perfect squad tournament player.

Would shock me, didn't make the last squad when it was so obvious that he should have done

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nah Harry Kane will play the false fullback role, along with th false number 6 role 😉

Just now, villa4europe said:

Would shock me, didn't make the last squad when it was so obvious that he should have done

White was in the euros squad wasn't he?

Wasn't Nunez offside for that goal? His presence made Gabriel play the ball. Diaz class in that build up, only good thing about Liverpool this season.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

White was in the euros squad wasn't he?

Yeah but I'm sure he's one of those that didn't kick a ball, he's also made squads since

But now he's playing really well at a flying arsenal he can't get a sniff

Southgate for you... Probably will call him up, wasn't one of 6 CBs in the last squad but then gets a call up

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't Nunez offside for that goal? His presence made Gabriel play the ball. Diaz class in that build up, only good thing about Liverpool this season.

Nuneyez look a yard off to me, but it was only shown once so could be wrong

Just now, VillaChris said:

We'd get a result v this Liverpool, that's how mediocre they are.

I would like to believe that but we would just sit back and invite them on.  Gerrardball innit 😜 

I'm starting to feel a bit for TAA, he's clearly got absolutely no confidence in his own mind at the moment, he's doing strange things, getting into odd positions and giving away goals left, right and centre (figuratively at least, literally he's giving away loads of goals from the right). You can see him thinking before he acts - and it doesn't look like thinking is helping him much.

10 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I would like to believe that but we would just sit back and invite them on.  Gerrardball innit 😜 

Actually under Gerrard we've been quite robust against the top teams....without ever looking like we're ever going to beat any of them.

In last 7 games v Man. City, Liverpool and Arsenal we've taken 1 draw but the six defeats have all been by a single goal so we've at least been in these games and Liverpool are much weaker than 12 months back.

I see we're playing them at home on Boxing day so they'll have plenty of their side going deep in the world cup aswell.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â