Weekends Football 30 September/2 October

andykeenan

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, I think its a red, not necessarily because of the contact or because he's injured him but more because he can't win that ball, I don't think it's clumsy I think it's intentionally taking him out and he's done a bad job of that too

He's not playing the ball and even if he was he shouldn't be because he can't from there

It's an Orange card. Problem as ever is Van Dijk goes in late in Merseyside derby two weeks ago and he was only booked. That was worse than Emerson red.

Could also argue Trippier taking out KDB earlier this season was another on the boderline. I think if ref gives yellow to Emerson it dosen't get upgraded to a red.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I agree he’s intentionally taking him out - and if we go down the route of every challenge like that is a red (i.e: the old shirt pull when someone is running away) then I’m fine with it being a red. But there’s no real weight or anything in the challenge that makes it “dangerous”.

Stud contact = red shouldn’t be a thing even though, as I say, that challenge would’ve been painful. 

Tackling someone where you can only take the man you can't take the ball is dangerous though surely?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Even with Varane off the pitch it was a interesting choice to have Eriksen to mark Haaland at the corner

He did it on the previous corner aswell so it wasn't just because Varane was out. Very strange.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â