A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It's a poached egg isn't it?

"Yeah let's cook the eggs in the healthiest way possible then chuck on a loaf of deep fried bread!"

There might be black pudding in the middle. The sausages aren't even visible.

I think its a curly sausage (kw) under the other stuff. Like the one below

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqQtS6Jzpel-EcPlbjed-

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

For those that don't realise a world exists outside of London, a run down of the 5 'best' full English breakfasts in London.

From the comments, and proximity to Earls Court, Regency Cafe it is! :thumb:

• 2 months later...

The place I stayed at recently, lovely food, and a hearty breakfast, but they don't do beans. Controversial? Not for me as I can take or leave them, but traditionalists might be crying into their teapot. 

Sausage, streaky bacon, eggs (choice of poached, fried, scrambled), mushrooms, grilled tomato, fried bread, rack of toast with jams and fresh coffee/tea. Perfick!

• Like 2

This is purely a personal opinion but if I was served a full English breakfast with no beans I would throw the plate up in the air, push over the table and walk out of the place giving them the bras d'honneur*

* probably 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Have to have wet. Beans preferably but if with fried bread it has to be plum tomatoes. 

I'd amend that slightly to "has to have red".  Grilled tomatoes, beanses or third choice plum tomatoes. No red means nothing to cut through the grease and nothing to provide a delusion of healthy, and inadequate moisture prevails, which is bad.

I'd rather have grilled kippers, with an egg and grilled tomatoes, mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I'd amend that slightly to "has to have red".  Grilled tomatoes, beanses or third choice plum tomatoes. No red means nothing to cut through the grease and nothing to provide a delusion of healthy, and inadequate moisture prevails, which is bad.

I'd rather have grilled kippers, with an egg and grilled tomatoes, mind.

Those tinned cherry tomatoes work well as you can individually put a small  whole tomato on a piece of bacon and or sausage and have a mini tomato explosion in your mouth when you eat it. Loads of black pepper in thd sauce😉

kippers and sloppy scrambled egg and a few grinds of chilli is heaven, Used to buy some packet kippers off the fish man in the boozer on a Sunday night, something you do not see anymore, probably stopped due to health and safety ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:
  • Those tinned cherry tomatoes work well as you can individually put a small  whole tomato on a piece of bacon and or sausage and have a mini tomato explosion in your mouth when you eat it. Loads of black pepper in thd sauce😉

images (2).jpeg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really dislike baked beans and hate tomatoes with a breakfast.

I don't think it needs wet - the wet is in the fat, it's in the butter on the toast, it's the egg.

Meat, bread, eggs, mushroom, possibly a potato and I'm happy.

Like a baked potato? Roast ? Boiled ? Mashed ? 

Edited by Follyfoot

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really dislike baked beans and hate tomatoes with a breakfast.

I don't think it needs wet - the wet is in the fat, it's in the butter on the toast, it's the egg.

Meat, bread, eggs, mushroom, possibly a potato and I'm happy.

If by potato you mean a waffle sort of thing then sign me up for this. It’s not crucial, but welcome.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â