January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Spent my lunch break today playing hidden gem Transfermkt/You tube tennis and thought these would be good ones to have a go at. 

Elye Wahi at Montpelier, Andreas Schjelderup at FC Nordsjaelland, Savio at PSV, Rayan Cherki at Lyon, Angelo Gabriel at Santos, Antonio Nusa at Club Brugges, Danilo at Palmeiras, Marcus Leonardo at Santos, Alan Velasco at FC Dallas, Lucas Calegari at Fluminense, 

I’d like Schjelderup for LW cover and Cherki for RW cover please Mr Lange. Savio, Nusa and Angelo Gabriel look good too though. 

This exactly the kind of signing we should be making. What’s the point in having a Scandinavian Sporting Director, if he doesn’t go straight out and sign the next big Scandinavian wonderkid?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Great work! You're doing a good job.

How Rayan Cherki doing? He was on the most hyped youngsters of all time. 

Angelo Gabriel we've been linked to quite a lot with him, us and newcastle 

He signed a new short term extension with Lyon as I don’t think he was getting many mins ahead of Paqueta last season and only signed a 1 year deal as a result. Think he’s had a few niggles this year injury wise but he’s definitely a talent. Genuinely two footed so can cover a load of attacking positions. I always mention him as I’m a big fan and would love him at Villa. 

Just now, duke313 said:

This exactly the kind of signing we should be making. What’s the point in having a Scandinavian Sporting Director, if he doesn’t go straight out and sign the next big Scandinavian wonderkid?

Yes, yes and yes. Never seen him play and hadn’t heard of him until someone mentioned him on here, forget who now. His Youtube videos are immense. 

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

He signed a new short term extension with Lyon as I don’t think he was getting many mins ahead of Paqueta last season and only signed a 1 year deal as a result. Think he’s had a few niggles this year injury wise but he’s definitely a talent. Genuinely two footed so can cover a load of attacking positions. I always mention him as I’m a big fan and would love him at Villa. 

Sign him up! We need to sign top class youngsters and very good youngsters 

Konsa, Martinez (Young for a goalkeeper), Luiz, Kamara have all turned out good signings

Over the next two windows would love us to get....

January: Cody Gakpo or Yeremy Pino (dependant on where we plan to play Bailey), Evan N’Dicka, Marcus Thuram

Summer: Andreas Schjelderup, Orkun Kokcu, Rayan Cherki, New Young LWB/LB

Junior Traore is a talent at Sassuolo too

Happy with Dendonker but if we could get Kessie cheaply as rumoured then it’s a no brainer for more defensive cover in the centre

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, burchy said:

Over the next two windows would love us to get....

January: Cody Gakpo or Yeremy Pino (dependant on where we plan to play Bailey), Evan N’Dicka, Marcus Thuram

Summer: Andreas Schjelderup, Orkun Kokcu, Rayan Cherki, New Young LWB/LB

Junior Traore is a talent at Sassuolo too

Happy with Dendonker but if we could get Kessie cheaply as rumoured then it’s a no brainer for more defensive cover in the centre

I like this plan. Add Datro Fofana in there too! 

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

Mykhaylo Mudryk is an absolute talent, think the big clubs are fixing for him. Looked like he's being linked to Arsenal, united and real Madrid. he has everything about him to be the next big thing. Come in Nassef have a word 

Think he's out of our reach, will cost about €60m

13 hours ago, duke313 said:

Which is exactly why we’ll see more transfers this January window than we would in previous years. The WC is basically putting these players in the shop window.

Never buy a player after a tournament is a golden rule of transfers

31 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Dougie linked with some European clubs. Wonder if we agreed to let him go in Jan if he signed the contract so we could get a fee. Kessie as a replacement? 

More likely that sources of the links are unaware that Dougie has signed a new contract

43 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Dougie linked with some European clubs. Wonder if we agreed to let him go in Jan if he signed the contract so we could get a fee. Kessie as a replacement? 

I'd like to keep Luiz, but if he goes then Kessie would be the ideal replacement if rumours are true.

A double pivot of Kamara and Kessie is a CL quality midfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Luiz isnt going anywhere why would he aign they gi a few months later. Unless a stupid offer comes in. Kessie would be great replacement though

He would.  He's on £150,000 a week though, would definitely need to get rid of a few fringe players before adding that to the wage bill.

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Never buy a player after a tournament is a golden rule of transfers

I can't even remember why I put €1 on Baros golden boot Euro 2004 at 48/1 but I did and was pretty happy I did and happy we signed him. Wasn't terrible and was trade deal for Carew bloody legend who I'd wanted us to sign for years before

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Luiz isnt going anywhere why would he aign they gi a few months later. Unless a stupid offer comes in. Kessie would be great replacement though

I do think he’s staying, but Delph and Grealish both signed new contracts not long before leaving 😬