January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It matters because the best players at the WC their value increases significantly 

Which is exactly why we’ll see more transfers this January window than we would in previous years. The WC is basically putting these players in the shop window.

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Which is exactly why we’ll see more transfers this January window than we would in previous years. The WC is basically putting these players in the shop window.

Yes but that probably wont be us thats my point most likley clubs in europe

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

January anomaly aside, the World Cup is always immediately before a transfer window...

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Buying in this upcoming window is going to be unbelievably expensive. Brace yourself for tricky times.

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone concerned that if Argentina have a good world cup and Emi does what he does, we could receive some massive bids for him?

if it was a "huge" bid, i would consider it tbh.

22 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone concerned that if Argentina have a good world cup and Emi does what he does, we could receive some massive bids for him?

We’d be talking £100m. None of the big clubs currently need a keeper. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Tammys available 👀

Awaits zatman to give me the stats and reasons why we swhyldnt sign him !

but id definitely take him back despite his misfortunes this year. I bet he is home sick

maybe we should bring agent Hogan home too!

5 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Using Real Madrid as a feeder club - I like it.😁

No to Hazard for me. 

I don't watch enough CL football to know if Nacho still has enough in the tank.  He's vice captain at Real, so still seems to be thought of highly. 

Probably a decent option if we're looking to play out from the back etc. And the fee isn't too mental - seeing as he's 31. 

if we go for Hazard the entire recruitment team should be sacked on the spot.

never gonna happen, the guy is a walking hamburger.

i would quite literally bet £100 we dont sign him.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It really would be a world record offer that would have to be made. It would be a shame to have to replace him because he is such a great personality within the team. But, the money involved would be nuts. 

Who would have thought a year or two ago, that we could be half way to having both Coutinho and Hazard playing in Villa shirts in January? ;)

Whatever happens during the next window, I will be happy to see the club do what they can to bring in 1 or 2 players that our new boss actually wants. That may or may not include Hazard. I suspect that with his knowledge of European football, he will know who could be gettable, that would fit in with what he has identified can help him move our club further forward during the new year and he would also know if those players would be happy to sign for him. It is going to be an interesting window.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Lets sign some hidden gems like Datro Fofana for the future!

Spent my lunch break today playing hidden gem Transfermkt/You tube tennis and thought these would be good ones to have a go at. 

Elye Wahi at Montpelier, Andreas Schjelderup at FC Nordsjaelland, Savio at PSV, Rayan Cherki at Lyon, Angelo Gabriel at Santos, Antonio Nusa at Club Brugges, Danilo at Palmeiras, Marcus Leonardo at Santos, Alan Velasco at FC Dallas, Lucas Calegari at Fluminense, 

I’d like Schjelderup for LW cover and Cherki for RW cover please Mr Lange. Savio, Nusa and Angelo Gabriel look good too though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Spent my lunch break today playing hidden gem Transfermkt/You tube tennis and thought these would be good ones to have a go at. 

Elye Wahi at Montpelier, Andreas Schjelderup at FC Nordsjaelland, Savio at PSV, Rayan Cherki at Lyon, Angelo Gabriel at Santos, Antonio Nusa at Club Brugges, Danilo at Palmeiras, Marcus Leonardo at Santos, Alan Velasco at FC Dallas, Lucas Calegari at Fluminense, 

I’d like Schjelderup for LW cover and Cherki for RW cover please Mr Lange. Savio, Nusa and Angelo Gabriel look good too though. 

Great work! You're doing a good job.

How Rayan Cherki doing? He was on the most hyped youngsters of all time. 

Angelo Gabriel we've been linked to quite a lot with him, us and newcastle 

Edited by messi11