January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The only way we sign a central midfielder is surely if we let Sanson, McGinn and Nakamba leave? Or at the very least, 2 of them.

Quality aside, we’re stacked in Centre Mid. 

No way Nakamba and McGinn stay. I can see him give Sanson some time since he likes him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins offers so much and yet frustrates so often also. 

If we get a decent offer, I think we’d be wise to sell and gamble a little on buying somebody we think is better.

I honestly think you can forget selling Ings. He’s going nowhere given his age profile and wages. 

McGinn needs to go, as do the likes of Guilbert, Nakamba and Sanson (probably). Archer needs a loan. There’s still a lot of work to be done with this squad but outgoings are probably more important than incomings at the moment. Our wage bill is far too bloated for where we are in the league. Emery will also want his own players. 

Yes in an ideal world we would keep Watkins as back up as he does have some excellent attributes but I think we could get a fee for him. 

Wonder if we could ever loan Ings…he is too expensive as our back up but a PL club in Europe could afford to pay his wages for him to sit on a bench. Like United.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Wonder if we could sign Kyogu Furahashi from Celtic. Decent striker and there are commercial benefits as well. 

No chance nowhere near good enough. I think the champions league showed what a pathetic standard the Scottish league is. Add to that Celtic and rangers price their players as if they are English premier league players the value would not be there. You only need to look at Eduardo at palace to see how much harder it is to score goals in our league.

I wouldn’t look to ever a played from Celtic or rangers! Maybe hibs like we did with mcginn or hearts somewhere like that but not the old firm.

I think it will be an interesting winter/summer window with Emery at the helm.

I would imagine he will know the Spanish League/Spanish players inside out, i wouldnt be surprised to see us go shopping in the spanish transfer market, for known/less known players.

for example, Brighton signed Estupinan (LB) from Villarreal this summer for 18m, they seem to know the Spanish/French & South American market well.

With someone like Emery here now, maybe we wil be a bit more active in those markets, rather than where we have been buying from recently?

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Torres kessie and thuram. With chambers mcginn and watkins/ings sold

That would be perfect window for me

That would be more than a window. That would be 10 out of 10 . Torres wants champs league though. 

Where is this Thuram talk coming from? Not sure why some fans think he would be a good signing, similar age to Watkins and similar scoring record albeit in inferior leagues. We need upgrades not like for like replacements. 

18 minutes ago, WHY said:

Where is this Thuram talk coming from? Not sure why some fans think he would be a good signing, similar age to Watkins and similar scoring record albeit in inferior leagues. We need upgrades not like for like replacements. 

Thuram is improving week by week, season by season and the 2nd top scorer now in Bundesliga!
He's made for the PL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

Wonder if we could sign Kyogu Furahashi from Celtic. Decent striker and there are commercial benefits as well. 

Interesting that Japan didn't take him, preferring his teammate Daizen Maeda instead. I like them both, but Kyogo is the better of the 2.

That said, I don't think he's what we are looking for - but, then, what do I know?