January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

We need to get a hard working winger in who can contribute goals and assists going forward but also do the boring defensive stuff....I remember watching Nathan Dyer tear us apart in Swansea's first season in the prem at villa park, must have been 11/12 season. If we can get someone in like that who has a good all round game i think it will give us a lot of options

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Are you saying Enzo Fernandez is overrated at £105m?

To be fair I think he’s overrated for £105m at his early stage.  He’s a fabulous young talent that has had a great World Cup and started well in his first dozen games for Benfica but that doesn’t translate to that valuation for me.

Benfica trying to repeat the Enzo deal with another young talent. Would love us to be in for this kid but I think we may be scuppered work permit wise. He’ll go for millions in the future. 

21 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'd be delighted if we could get Pickford.

Would be a brilliant number 2 whwnever Emi can't play/is too hungover

If you think Pickford will move to a club as 2nd keeper you've had too many Christmas sherries. This link all from the totally bogus rubbish about Emery wanting to get rid of Martinez

• Like 2

Might be worth a 6 month loan for Felix if we could somehow pull it off. If it costs us around £12m including wages for 19 Prem games + FA Cup. Raises profile of the club and would fill the attacking player we need. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Might be worth a 6 month loan for Felix if we could somehow pull it off. If it costs us around £12m including wages for 19 Prem games + FA Cup. Raises profile of the club and would fill the attacking player we need. 

I’d love Felix mate, but I’m not sure I’d be spending that sort of money for a 6 month loan. 

I’d have a different opinion if it were a loan with and agreement to buy. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think you got the numbers the wrong way round, Atletico want €21m including wages for a 6 month loan, so just short of £20m. 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think you got the numbers the wrong way round, Atletico want €21m including wages for a 6 month loan, so just short of £20m. 

That's still a great deal if it gets us the table and gets our name out there more.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’d love Felix mate, but I’m not sure I’d be spending that sort of money for a 6 month loan. 

I’d have a different opinion if it were a loan with and agreement to buy. 

Well every player we have has an annual cost to the club in wages + amortisation. Ings for example is about £15m per year. Coutinho about £11m etc..

So financially a 10-12m fee for 6 months can fit into our structures no problem. If it gains us a few more places in the League that's more prize money too. Plus the club profile boost is big too. Felix would know he fits perfectly into our system so has best opportunity to show his skills

I think Arsenal are the perfect fit for a 6m loan deal for him imo. I just think they may want to use their current lofty position to sign permanent players though

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's what they want yes, they have no chance of getting that however. €21m euro is £18.6m

Edited by CVByrne

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

To be fair I think he’s overrated for £105m at his early stage.  He’s a fabulous young talent that has had a great World Cup and started well in his first dozen games for Benfica but that doesn’t translate to that valuation for me.

Not a chance I would spend that on him, crazy valuation at the moment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That's what they want yes, they have no chance of getting that however. €21m euro is £18.6m

Again I am not paying for 1 million per game he will play for us

11 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I remember watching Nathan Dyer tear us apart in Swansea's first season in the prem at villa park, must have been 11/12 season. If we can get someone in like that who has a good all round game i think it will give us a lot of options

I think he’s too old now