January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would hate to have him at the Villa. The whole shouting at the defenders whenever he’s asked to do anything is just embarrassing. 

I hate it when keepers do that. If I was an Everton defender I’d be bollocking him every time he conceded a goal. 

Just now, av1 said:

I hate it when keepers do that. If I was an Everton defender I’d be bollocking him every time he conceded a goal. 

Me too. He’s got proper small man/arm syndrome. You can see he stands on his tip toes whenever singing the national anthem just to make himself look taller.

He’s not a bad keeper, he’s just not as a good as Martinez and he’s a little weirdo. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Keane called out Schmeichel for it over the years as playing to the gallery

22 hours ago, Rolta said:

Also why would we be low of funds now then magically have funds in the summer.

I don’t believe the tweet, but the only reason I could see about funds in the summer over now is that we have spent ffp allowance sacking Gerrard and bringing in Emery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t believe the tweet, but the only reason I could see about funds in the summer over now is that we have spent ffp allowance sacking Gerrard and bringing in Emery. 

It’s all a huge con trick anyway. Huge amounts are made in the CL but nothing like Man City spunk on bench warmers. Suddenly Newcastle can spend what they like and haven’t kicked a ball in Europe. 

People rejoice when they get wealthy owners and we’re in that bracket. Ours are clever and ambitious too. Both are considerably richer now than they were when they took over so it’s all about creative accountancy not actual money. 

20 hours ago, Xela said:

The transfer window hasn't opened yet. 

hasn't stopped Wolves or Liverpool.

These deals should be pre arranged, if there was any real intention....Like the Kamara deal, last Summer.

We had this last summer after Kamara and Carlos was signed.....

I just hope we know what we're doing.....yeah I'll wait and see with Interest.

I didn't see any tweet and I'm not particularly bothered but there is absolutely money to spend if the gist was contrary to that.

I've heard rumours that Lange is under scrutiny and there might be some recruitment outside of his scheming but there is proper money available.

Emery didn't come here to just do his best with somebody else's team either. He has a remit to build his own squad. Our owners fortunes have only improved recently, as have the finances of the club.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I wouldn't mind us going with who we have and seeing who is up to it and planning for summer 

Yeah agreed, we should sell (Terminate loans) before we buy. 
Jan is an awful time to buy. Players are settled, players are overvalued due to the World cup. 

Just now, messi11 said:

Yeah agreed, we should sell (Terminate loans) before we buy. 
Jan is an awful time to buy. Players are settled, players are overvalued due to the World cup. 

Are you saying Enzo Fernandez is overrated at £105m?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Considering he only just moved to Benfica in the summer for £10 Million...... YES!

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Considering he only just moved to Benfica in the summer for £10 Million...... YES!

• Thanks 1

Watching Lens-PSG. Facundo Medina fits the profile of someone I'd like us to look at. 23 and can play as centre back or left back. Only 2 caps for Argentina but with their defence getting older will surely be a regular part of their squad soon.

If people are talking about signing players before they hit 40-50m bracket I think he could qualify for that.

• Like 2