January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So with speculation that Thuram wants Man U or top 4 etc, would anyone take Rashford?

Rashford confuses me, he is either on fire or anonymous, but undoubtedly a quality and lethal forward when on it imo.

You Joking?
More Chance of Messi signing

On 30/12/2022 at 04:29, Villaphan04 said:

this is the type of signing I really want us to be making. I think we have great academy recruitment, but that step for recruiting hot prospects who have a clear pathway for senior level football is what Brighton have struck gold with. Shame we don't do this type of signing. 

Let the scouts out of the shed (at BMH)

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

There are some insanely unrealistic transfer suggestions in this thread. High levels of delusion.

We are currently a mid table team. We won't be signing Rashford, De Paul FFS.

In fairness De Paul is an actual link by the media

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

There are some insanely unrealistic transfer suggestions in this thread. High levels of delusion.

Casemiro as backup option then, send Sanson the other way?

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Its not about signing unrealistic players.....its about finding the right blend, to improve the team as a whole.

Newcastle, did just that , in Jan 2020, to get them on ther way.....now they can aim higher, as their momentum gathers pace.

Our team has had 2 past managers poking around at it and now we have a third, no wonder the unbalance is there.

Unai needs to settle it and stamp his mark on it.....nows a chance to improve it.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness De Paul is an actual link by the media

Clickbait that people latch on too surely you know.this by now. Its the unrealistic transfer expectations of transfers that creates issues. When we don't sign these players and end up with the realistic targets they still expect these less talented players to deliver what the top players we were unrealistically linked with to deliver.

That may not make sense but it does in my head 🤣😭

10 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Clickbait that people latch on too surely you know.this by now. Its the unrealistic transfer expectations of transfers that creates issues. When we don't sign these players and end up with the realistic targets they still expect these less talented players to deliver what the top players we were unrealistically linked with to deliver.

That may not make sense but it does in my head 🤣😭

Surely there is a Middle ground?

Again, I've seen  '' lesser '' clubs than us sign high profile players which some of our fans respond to as you have if/when a link emerges.

If the board don't have the ambition to at least try then we may as well not bother.

Did you think we had a chance in hell of signing Kamara last window?

We now also have a higher profile/proven pedigree as our Manager

I'm not in any way suggesting that any of those '' ridiculous ' links will come to fruition either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh Dear.....I hope we have some surprises.

its looking like the back end of last summer.

The transfer window hasn’t even opened mate 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely there is a Middle ground?

Again, I've seen  '' lesser '' clubs than us sign high profile players which some of our fans respond to as you have if/when a link emerges.

If the board don't have the ambition to at least try then we may as well not bother.

Did you think we had a chance in hell of signing Kamara last window?

We now also have a higher profile/proven pedigree as our Manager

I'm not in any way suggesting that any of those '' ridiculous ' links will come to fruition either.

I never thought we had chance of signing either Kamara or Coutinho.

• Thanks 2

Why is it that when we are linked with a young South American kid from the MLS it must be a joke because we need guys to come straight into our first 11. And yet when Man City, Plop, Benfica etc are linked with/buy young kids no one has ever heard of it’s “our scouting network is shit”

Come on gents/ladies, you can’t have it both ways. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Why is it that when we are linked with a young South American kid from the MLS it must be a joke because we need guys to come straight into our first 11. And yet when Man City, Plop, Benfica etc are linked with/buy young kids no one has ever heard of it’s “our scouting network is shit”

Come on gents/ladies, you can’t have it both ways. 

It's because some of us criticize ourselves OTT as some sort of twisted defense mechanism is my guess XD.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Oh Dear.....I hope we have some surprises.

its looking like the back end of last summer.

The transfer window hasn't opened yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So with speculation that Thuram wants Man U or top 4 etc, would anyone take Rashford?

Rashford confuses me, he is either on fire or anonymous, but undoubtedly a quality and lethal forward when on it imo.

I think he's on the way to getting his head right and being used right rather than playing far too much football while carrying knocks, for a long time I did think he needed to step down a level from utd and just enjoy football again (or join Everton and hate it even more...)

I like the guy and think he's a decent player, it's utd that are shit and have misused him rather than the other way round (apologies to those who are offended by him feeding kids and think he should stick to football)

But even after all that absolutely no **** way will utd entertain any kind of deal for him, he'd be a £80m player £250k a week

It would be genuinely interesting who is interested if he was available, id say arsenal and Chelsea should be straight away 

On the quiet man City sign 3 or 4 South American High potential kids every summer, they don't really even flip them at a high profit, Alvarez is the first one who seems a guaranteed home run, they usually loan them across their network of clubs before again quietly they get them off the books

Luiz is obviously one of them

• Like 1