January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

We will have players leaving and the lack of wingers (Cheers Stevie) will need addressing alongside defensive options. We will probably get some short term deals or one marquee option in whilst terminating the loans for Bednarek I imagine. 

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am same. Let Unai give players a chance to earn a spot in the squad

Yeah if rather do this then waste money/over spend in jan. We aint going down so we can prob go with what we have until summer if need be

Feels like it's increasing every season but there are quite a few really good players on expiring contracts this season and some of them their clubs might be willing to sell in Jan rather than gamble on them signing a new contract or losing for free. Obviously many of those players will be content to wait until the summer to see what their options are. But there should be deals to be made.

Arsenal have supposedly agreed to sign Evan Ndicka, would love if we could crash that deal for example. Modric, Skriniar, Messi and Benzema seem unlikely. As does Moukoko :D  But Thuram has been rumored and there are a bunch more really interesting names.

On 27/12/2022 at 10:53, GingerCollins29 said:

A lot of people pinning hopes on carlos - he could be a totally different player after that injury

This is a very good point he may lose some attributes that make him a good player, apparently. Such as pace.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Runours online we have made a bid for 19 year old chicargo fire jhon duran 8 goals and 5 assists in 27 MLS games.

No idea who he is

We’ve been discussing that on here for a few days mate.  Videos are mixed, some he looks like a donkey and some he looks a prospect.  We need to find somebody whose watched him regularly to give us a proper idea if he’s any good.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We’ve been discussing that on here for a few days mate.  Videos are mixed, some he looks like a donkey and some he looks a prospect.  We need to find somebody whose watched him regularly to give us a proper idea if he’s any good.

Thanks i havent been online much over the xmas period so havent been keeping up whats been posted here.

I always have reservations over players from MLS because of the standard over there 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's only 19 isn't he so dosen't really have profile of someone you'd drop straight into starting 11 tbh.

I feel MLS teams seem to prefer big old school strikers like Altidore, Dike and even McBride and from his highlights I would say he looks similar

Might be a rough diamond but would be reluctant to sign for the first team

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I feel MLS teams seem to prefer big old school strikers like Altidore, Dike and even McBride and from his highlights I would say he looks similar

Might be a rough diamond but would be reluctant to sign for the first team

Maybe Keinan Davis is up for a move to the MLS and we could do a swap :D 

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks i havent been online much over the xmas period so havent been keeping up whats been posted here.

I always have reservations over players from MLS because of the standard over there 

I’m not sure the standard in MLS is much worse than the likes of Belgium, Serbia, Czech Republic etc.

Most might not be able to make the step up from MLS to Prem, but look at Almiron.

A lot of young, highly rated South American players have went to MLS recently, Thiago Almada probably the most rated. Might be worth looking at some of them.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

We can't against Chelsea can we.

Maybe we should be looking before Chelsea......how did we get Kamara and Carlos?

I accept, we don't know, who we actually miss out on.

but we can't keep saying this, its defeatist.

With Mendes and Nass being friends, I expect a bit better.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1