January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Some shocking defending in that video.

Some of the keeping was dreadful as well. But some of his finishes look composed, he looks like he works hard and seems a powerful boy given he’s only 18. 

18, plenty more development to come. 

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Liverpool not spending money again...

Shows what the league is, easy to say we just need to sell half the team and replace them and we'll shoot up the league but the teams at the very top are happily cherry picking the best 1% of players for £50m+ every window

We need to slowly add a few key £50m pieces ourselves and develop the starting 11 over time

A 50m+ striker this window would be ideal. Not sure there are many in that price bracket we can attract or that aren't massively over valued but if we did find something in that ball park it's the quickest way to improve our sqaud this window.

A 50m winger wouldn't be far behind.

The only positions in the first 11 that are top 6 level are martinez and kamara. Everyone else will ned to step up or be replaced.

Priority has to be a striker who can finish, a winger with pace and directness, a cb and a reserve gk.

After that, for me, both fullbacks and another kamara esque cm.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The only positions in the first 11 that are top 6 level are martinez and kamara. Everyone else will ned to step up or be replaced.

Priority has to be a striker who can finish, a winger with pace and directness, a cb and a reserve gk.

If that's the case then we have wasted a shit load of money on overhyped shite.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's a great point you start with there. We need to put top level people in key positions. You have Emery, Martinez and Kamara as you say and then hopefully 3 or 4 more will prove to be top players. It's about adding 2 or 3 more to this in the next year which should take us up to the next level.

26 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I agree but i think our first priority has to be a rb. We are playing an 80 year old there half the time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

It's a great point you start with there. We need to put top level people in key positions. You have Emery, Martinez and Kamara as you say and then hopefully 3 or 4 more will prove to be top players. It's about adding 2 or 3 more to this in the next year which should take us up to the next level.

£200 mill should fix it.

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

If that's the case then we have wasted a shit load of money on overhyped shite.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, well....you could be right.

• Like 1

I'd like to think there are a few Almiron and Joelinton types in our squad. Players who just need some good coaching and tactics that suit their style.  If the likes of Watkins, Bailey, Ings, Digne, Coutinho, Cash, Luiz and Buendia are not good enough, we've pissed away a ton of money.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I'd like to think there are a few Almiron and Joelinton types in our squad. Players who just need some good coaching and tactics that suit their style.  If the likes of Watkins, Bailey, Ings, Digne, Coutinho, Cash, Luiz and Buendia are not good enough, we've pissed away a ton of money.

Cash and Luiz were around 15-16 mil several years ago, they’ve been good value definitely. Watkins cost more and whilst his finishing is ropey, I actually think he’s been far from a flop. I don’t think Ings is the worst money we’ve ever spent either.

Digne, Bailey and Coutinho currently need to justify their wages. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It is going to be another 3 year process now, we've wasted 18 months under Gerrard and it will be numerous years of poor transfers.

I hope we do not do a lot of business in January, if any. It will just highlight we have no actual strategy and the short-termism that exists at the club.

Get a few players back off loan as the squad is weak and unbalanced, whether they are good players or not. Have a good end to the season and get all our signings picked out or lined up.

I don't want to see us drop stupid money on another Coutinho